By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Survey: Are you going to buy PS3 or another PS3 because of MGS4???

Only 2 people currently, & 1 is for the eBay.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Rocketpig called me the other day about possibly selling our 60GB (which sells for about $600 on ebay) and then buying a MGS4 PS3 which is a pretty good deal. I kinda like having the version with the greater BC though.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

1. MGS series never appealed to me, MGS2 couldnt convert me on the PS2. I would have been much more interested if it was a more easier to get into the game but reviews are saying its still got a crazily complicated story and super long cutscenes, so no thank you. I appreciate that this is a game for the fans.

2. They pretty much screwed Europeans again with the MGS4 bundle - no special colour editions, no DS3, no 80GB. And the current bundle saves you very little compared to if you buy separately.

3. I am already pretty much hanging-by-a-thread bankrupt from current 360 games and budgeting for the rest of the year just on one platform! At the rate this is going, I may not even be able to buy a Wii this year.

In short, no.

If i didnt already have a PS3 (my second) i would be snapping up a bundle. Unless it worked out cheaper to buy another bundle and MGS4 seperately. In which case i would do that

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Nop...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Nope not getting a PS3, and I wouldn't buy one for MGS. The last MGS game I played was MGS1 and I never really got into it, so I never played the later installments.

Also in Japan there are only the gimped 40gb PS3's for sale, and if/when I do buy a PS3 I will definitely look for a full BC model (if I can).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Some people should look at PS2 sales during GTA3 and GTA3:SA releases...

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

macross said:
Only 2 people currently, & 1 is for the eBay.

Yeah, my purchase will be from eBay, so I won't actually be contributing to the PS3's sales the week that I buy one unfortunately.  

I've already got a PS3 so I wont be buying another; MGS4 is pre-ordered though, cant wait.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Already have a PS3, and won't be buying another one. I already pre-ordered MGS4.