By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Ubisoft constructive criticism thread. No boycott. No whining.

I can hold my silence no longer. Seriously guys, the Wii is ignored or dumped upon by a LOT of 3rd-party developers. Why on earth should we single out one company for putting crap on the Wii? Besides (and I know you are gonna flame me hard for this, but...), Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party doesn't sound like such a lousy concept. If you guys would give that game the time of day, I'd bet you would enjoy it. It may even be the gem of their lineup...

Disclaimer: Aatg885 is well aware of the implications of his words, and is well prepared for the backlash.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

My main thought with Ubisoft at the moment is "Why on earth would you choose to put Beyond Good and Evil on the HD consoles?"

Beyond Good and Evil was a very enjoyable game and its greatest strengths was was its stylish and colorful (HD Translation: Childish) art style, and its accessable and creative gameplay (HD Translation: Casual); basically, everything which the HD console owners seem to reject.

I could be wrong, but I'm starting to expect a replay of Psychonaughts where a large budget, high qualty, very unique game bombs because they didn't target the gamers who would apprieciate the game the most. There are two platforms on the market right now which are (entirely) focused on creative and unique gameplay experiences and somehow Ubisoft decided to release its most creative and unique game on the other platforms which tend to reject creative and unique gameplay experiences in favour of shooters and similar genres...

-Edited by moderator

This is as ignorant as saying the Wii should only have 'kiddie' games.

Never 4get what the employee revealed about their business strategy.
Never 4get the damage control they did on this very forum.
Never 4get to boycott these bastards and tell all the moms,dads,other relatives and friends about them so that even non gamers will know about them.

If Nintendo is synonymous with good games worldwide even among non gamers,let Ubisoft be known for the opposite.
Let no one be uninformed.

Never 4get.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Ubisoft is known for fantastic games--just not so much on the Wii. That said, I fully expect quality to rise with Red Steel 2.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

That Ubi stays in their definition of casual for the Wii instead of helping to create the hardcore group on the Wii which will give them more money in the long term. It was a busniess decision...

"Like you know"

Around the Network

I cannot figure out what problem Shamless had with Happy Squirrel's post -- unless it was with the unedited form.

First of all, Ubisoft only has to answer to its owners (stockholders). So it can do whatever it wants. However, I feel that BG&E2 is more at home on the Wii than on the PS3/X360 -- just like Tom Clancy games by Ubisoft are more at home on the PS3/X360 than the Wii.

Ubisoft has been around a long time -- it had games for the PS1. It is a large company. And it said it would support the Wii with Nintendo quality games.

However, only the launch (and ironically multi-platform) Rayman Raving Rabbids was truly well-received. Red Steel was recognized as a nice try. But since then it has been mostly casual children-oriented titles that make money (because they sell) but win no accolades. (The release of Suda 51's No More Heroes being an exception to this -- in both ways).

So when it shows off a snowboarding game that looks at best like a Dreamcast (and to many like a PS1) on the sequel to a machine that had more capabilities than the PS2 and at the same time goes casual to the HD consoles with another title that seems best for the Wii, of course people will be upset.

I take a wait-and-see attitude toward all games. I can usually find one or two to pick up. And if I never buy another game, I still won't be able to play all the ones I already have.

Still, it does seem that we have seen that much of what Ubisoft has decided to the Wii is not going to be worth the wait (at least for me). That is their decision, but it could prove to be unwise because they might have another high-quality, low-sales title in BG&E2 and life might have been different had it been on the Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Let's not kid ourselves Ubisoft is seriously trying to support the Wii. They have no intention of seeing the Wii succeed if they can help it. At the very least they want to establish a strong gap in the kinds of games they put on the Wii vs the HD consoles.

It's too bad too, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is going to bomb on the HD consoles. Though knowing they wouldn't bother advertising the game had it been put on the Wii, I wouldn't expect much better there either. Ultimately they're a two-bit developer who sells so-so games to the lowest common denominator of gaming.

Bored4life said:
Never 4get to boycott these bastards and tell all the moms,dads,other relatives and friends about them so that even non gamers will know about them.

If Nintendo is synonymous with good games worldwide even among non gamers,let Ubisoft be known for the opposite.

Never 4get.

You really need to find a hobby. You act as if Ubisoft bought a small island in the South Pacific and slaughered 20,000 natives, not that they're choosing to go with another system for development.

With that said, BG&E2 should be on the Wii. It seems like a no-brainer to me. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Bored4life said:

Never 4get.

You really need to find a hobby. You act as if Ubisoft bought a small island in the South Pacific and slaughered 20,000 natives, not that they're choosing to go with another system for development.

With that said, BG&E2 should be on the Wii. It seems like a no-brainer to me. 

I really don't understand why people are so upset with Ubisoft either. They make much poorer quality games in general than the other developers both HD and Wii variety so its no surprise their scraps for the Wii would be worse as well.

Konami is arguably starving the Wii even more than Ubisoft and Capcom is only feigning support with cheap ports and bargain-bin budget titles. Ubisoft isn't screwing the Wii more than anyone else, they just are a crappier developer in general so it shows more.

EA is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Ubisoft is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Capcom is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Konami is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Square-Enix is still putting the bulk of its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Bandai-Namco is still putting the bulk of its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Tecmo is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Activision is still putting most of its big budget games on the HD Consoles
Eidos is still putting all its big budget games on the HD Consoles

Did I miss any?