By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now this just makes me scratch my head about Ubisoft.

Ubisoft May Be Planning Video Game Adaptation Of Prince Of Persia Movie

You read that right. According to GameDaily, Ubisoft is planning to release another Prince of Persia game next year, one that's not the cel-shaded "reboot" that has yet to be officially named. The game that's planning to ship alongside the Mike Newell directed, Jerry Bruckheimer produced film adaptation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is "essentially" a video game adaptation of the film adaptation of the video game of the same name. Careful, your head may twist clean off if you succumb to the spinning.

It doesn't sound like anything is guaranteed at this point on the game that may feature a polygonal Jake Gyllenhaal and a phoned in voice over performance, but if we know Hollywood and games based on movie licenses, regardless of the source material, I think we're in for a fun ride. Not so much a good video game, but a fun ride.

Triple Play of New Prince Entertainment [GameDaily]

What the fuck? You're making a liscensed game from an established franchise? I could understand a side game, but this?

Anyone remember the last time a game was based on a video game movie? I do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

You read that right. According to GameDaily, Ubisoft is planning to release another Prince of Persia game next year, one that's not the cel-shaded "reboot" that has yet to be officially named. The game that's planning to ship alongside the Mike Newell directed, Jerry Bruckheimer produced film adaptation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is "essentially" a video game adaptation of the film adaptation of the video game of the same name. Careful, your head may twist clean off if you succumb to the spinning.

It doesn't sound like anything is guaranteed at this point on the game that may feature a polygonal Jake Gyllenhaal and a phoned in voice over performance, but if we know Hollywood and games based on movie licenses, regardless of the source material, I think we're in for a fun ride. Not so much a good video game, but a fun ride.

What the fuck? You're making a liscensed game from an established franchise? I could understand a side game, but this?

Could you tell me what it was.

does anyone think theyre releasing to many PoP games to quick?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

sc94597 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Could you tell me what it was.

i would also like to know

Hint, the movie came out in 1994. There might have been another game to movie to game since then, but I can't think of any.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Hint, the movie came out in 1994. There might have been another game to movie to game since then, but I can't think of any.

Schindler's List?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

LordTheNightKnight said:

terminator?

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^oh ok thanks guys

rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Schindler's List?

Ah, so you played the Schindlers list game as well? I thought it was an excellent FPS

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot