By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My friends 360 broke for the second time - he's getting a PS3!

Yes, as the title says, i have a friend whose 360 broke twice, so i may have talked him into getting a PS3!

The first break was covered by warranty, but this time the warranty is up, and he would have to pay $113 to fix it! Instead of paying for it to be fixed, he's decided to get a PS3.

I guess thats what he gets for not being brand loyal. He had a PS1 and PS2, but this gen went with the cheaper 360. And this is what he gets.

(edit) - I should have mentioned its not a Red Ring of Death. Its a disk read error problem. The 360 won't read any of his disks. Its not covered under the extended RRoD warranty.

Around the Network

Okay...I did the same thing.

I grew up with the PS1, PS2, I got the Xbox 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3 at the time.

So congrats for talking him into a PS3..i guess :)

tell him "congrats on the PS3"

coolestguyever said:

Yes, as the title says, i have a friend whose 360 broke twice, so i may have talked him into getting a PS3!

The first break was covered by warranty, but this time the warranty is up, and he would have to pay $113 to fix it! Instead of paying for it to be fixed, he's decided to get a PS3.

I guess thats what he gets for not being brand loyal. He had a PS1 and PS2, but this gen went with the cheaper 360. And this is what he gets.

Sounds very harsh you know;...  Well I think a lot of people will do the same if their X360's gets broke again and have to pay a amount of money to fix it.  

Good for him, i hope that he enjoys all the great games that the PS3 has to offer!

Just in time to play MGS4 too

Around the Network
superbeast1370 said:
tell him "congrats on the PS3"

nice, i'll tell him superbeast said congrats!

tell him bestbuy and walmart have 100$ off on PS3(instore credit)untill June 7th.

coolestguyever said:

Yes, because playing my PS1 upside down and getting DREs all over the place with the PS2 was a real hoot. If that's not enough to make someone "brand loyal", I don't know what is.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Awesome, about 100 million to go before we catch PS2.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

It's easy to turn this around. At the end of last generation a lot of PS2's broke down. Adoption rate of the PS3 declined relative to the PS2 (due to more factors then just stability I know, but still) while the Xbox360's userbase grew relative to the Xbox (also due to more then just instability factors on PS2's behalf.)

Still, you cannot pin this on Karma alone.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->