By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - bestbuy to match walmart deal:$100 off PS3(June1-June7)

The Wal-Mart gift card is good for anything in spite of what the ads say. I should know because I bought a PS3 for my little brother yesterday!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@onimusha

what excess stock?

MattAAron said:
liquidate lol... theres always someone to try to put good news down :P

After the launch of games like GTAIV and HAZE with relatively no extra consoles moved what-so-ever its not out of the question to assume distributors may have stocked up on extra units in expectation of selling alot. And since Sony is releasing a new PS3 SKU every six months it seems, its not in the distributor's favor to hold onto them.

Or maybe this is just a Father's Day promotion which is intended to also spark Blu-Ray sales. Wal-Mart also is giving $100 off on any Blu-Ray player. The Wal-Mart gift card is also marked as for Blu-Rays in the ad, although it works on anything in the store. Best Buy is probably just doing this to stay competitive.

Man, actually look at the information rather than posting an unsupported claim about liquidation is hard sometimes.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Or maybe this is just a Father's Day promotion which is intended to also spark Blu-Ray sales. Wal-Mart also is giving $100 off on any Blu-Ray player. The Wal-Mart gift card is also marked as for Blu-Rays in the ad, although it works on anything in the store. Best Buy is probably just doing this to stay competitive.

Man, actually look at the information rather than posting an unsupported claim about liquidation is hard sometimes.

Did I post an unsupported claim or did I post a theory? A bit overdefensive aren't we? Either way your Signiture speaks everything that needs be said on the slant of your input.

Most likely then this is just Sony trying to push Blu-Ray then as you suggested. The real question is, who's taking the loss on this deal? Sony or the distributors?

Onimusha12 said:
akuma587 said:

1) Did I post an unsupported claim or did I post a theory? A bit overdefensive aren't we? Either way your Signiture speaks everything that needs be said on the slant of your input.

2) Most likely then this is just Sony trying to push Blu-Ray then as you suggested. The real question is, who's taking the loss on this deal? Sony or the distributors?

1) As does your signature. 

2) Seeing as the $100 you get off of the PS3 has to be spent in store, the loss is a lot less then $100. Sony is probably taking the loss, but will more than make it up in the long run. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Onimusha12 said:
akuma587 said:

1) Did I post an unsupported claim or did I post a theory? A bit overdefensive aren't we? Either way your Signiture speaks everything that needs be said on the slant of your input.

2) Most likely then this is just Sony trying to push Blu-Ray then as you suggested. The real question is, who's taking the loss on this deal? Sony or the distributors?

1) As does your signature. 

2) Seeing as the $100 you get off of the PS3 has to be spent in store, the loss is a lot less then $100. Sony is probably taking the loss, but will more than make it up in the long run. 

1) a summation that bipartisonly illustrates the Wii's problems and a comment about Ubisoft which makes fun of the drama going on these forums? Well if you say so.

2) Can Sony keep affording losses like this?