By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is going on with this Boycot Thing?

I was absent all weekend, and when I came back I found half of the forums boycotting something... even boycotting the boycots... can somebody explain to me...

thanks... 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

The best way I can sum it up is this:

Ubisoft didn't announce any core games for the Wii at UbiDays. Mind you, this doesn't confirm that they're not making any core games for the system, it just means they haven't announced anything.

From the looks of things, right after Ubidays, Sony launched a viral attack on Nintendo and released Ken Kuturagi's crazy gene into the Wii's Wi-Fi system, causing many Wii owners to suddenly turn batshit-crazy and start ranting and raving about Ubisoft. Initially, they were rather rudderless and confused by it all.

Then, a wily Wii owner was somehow introduced to the word "boycott", probably from accidentally stumbling across GreenPeace.com while browsing the internet in 480p goodness on their huggable little white box.

From there, the rest is history.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Basically, the wii fans got really really really angry because ubi are making crap wii games and they know it. They use the proceeds to fund the big budget next gen titles, which have made tons of money, and they seem to oppose that, so they are asking everyone to boycott ubisoft because they are evil... for some reason

well since i own a wii i figured i might as well hop on another band waggon...inst that the cool thing to do nowadays

Yeah, I kind of missed the whole boycotting thing too and I'm really not that upset by it.

Hey, it has at least gotten everyone off of EA's back finally.

Around the Network

in short terms,
they are using the profits they are getting from the wii to fund HD games

Thanks for the info guys..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

pichu_pichu said:
in short terms,
they are using the profits they are getting from the wii to fund HD games

And those games, as everyone seems to forget, have made tonnes, and nearly all the Tom Clancy 360 games have broken 2m including multiplatform sales

that dog looks creepy..

I missed the original shitstorm too, but those pictures really make it valid in my eyes. On the other hand, I honestly don't believe those screenshots. I might have to rent these games and do some investigating for VGC.