By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Petition against EA's half done and "Family Play" games.

This is mainly directed towards Madden and POSSIBLY NCAA.
I am just reading things about ti and it SEEMS to be another PS2 port.
I will not know for sure until I purchase the game.

I love the EA football games but all the Wii titles so far are just lacking compared to Xbox 360 and PS3.
I just saw the petition on another site and I thought I would just spread the word.

Around the Network

As much as I like my Wii, there are a lot of new gamers coming aboard. Whats wrong with adding an easier way to play for them? As long as it's not a PS2 port I don't see a problem.

360 Tag - narfwack

@TheGreatRanger1 in the last IGn podcast they said that madden 09 wii IS NOT a port, and that the graphics looks far better than the XBOX and PS2 Versions.

Medal Of honor 2 Heroes: Best FPS on the wii, Perfect Controls scheme (even better than Metroid), amazing online. Great Reviews

Boom Blox: Best Puzzle  game on the wii, addictive gameplay, best physics engine on the wii. Great Reviews.

Coming: Madden 09 (not a port, new controls scheme (see IGN video preview), improved graphics and animations); Skate It (Good teaser, Good previews by IGN)

I know It's weird, but right now, EA is one of the most serious third party developers for the wii.

I may be wrong, but being wrong never stopped me from saying what's on my mind, anyway.

If EA put a ton of effort into developing a sports title for the Wii (the best graphics possible, innovative motion control, etc...) it would still pale in comparison to a PS3/360 version that pushed the envelope. I'm sure you'd appreciate it, but most gamers are likely going to go for the HD (or even the PS2) version, anyway. I can't exactly fault EA for this trend. The Wii is an awesome system but sports games, fps's, and such are not the Wii's strong suit/ selling point.

You have the right to demand more. You don't have to settle for the scraps you are given, but in this instance, I think that your complaints will fall on deaf ears.

From EA website on NCAA 09 (which is making its first appearance in eons on a Nintendo console) http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/features.jsp

Whether you're at the helm of a collegiate powerhouse in Dynasty mode or dominating the action with the easy-to-use control system in all-new EA SPORTS All Play, life on the college gridiron jumps to life like never before with NCAA Football 09. Challenge friends and family on an even playing field and call your favorite plays from a simplified playbook, then take your game to the next level by delivering big hits with the help of all-new action icons. You can even field two teams of mascots in the hilarious Battle of the Mascots mode. With arcade-influenced gameplay bringing out all the fun and excitement of Big Play Saturday, and the accessibility of EA SPORTS Family Play, it's never been easier to pick up and play NCAA Football 09.

Similarly, from the EA website about Wii Madden -- a very different text than what is out there for the PS2 and Xbox (yes, original Xbox) versions of the game. http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/features.jsp

Celebrating 20 Years of Innovation, Madden NFL 09 delivers its most assessable football package ever for the Nintendo Wii, combining EA SPORTS All Play-featuring easy-to-use gameplay controls-with an all-new playcalling system tailored to fit the playing style of all skill levels. Elevate your game by creating plays with the Wii Remote, then rejoice in your success by throwing together a unique user-controlled celebration. With all-new 5-on-5 mode, an improved tackling system, realtime coaching tips, turn friends and family into your biggest rivals with Madden NFL 09.

Basically, the Wii is getting games with more than the PS2 but less than the Xbox 360 and PS3. Imagine that. EA is trying to meet the demands of the market. And with some of the other Wii games it has done recently (Boom Blox) or has coming out (Sim City and the expected Spore), I am much more inclined to give them a pass here or at least the benefit of the doubt. (EA even ran ads about the Wii only features of Madden last year -- which is a lot more than some developers/publishers have done).

I am much more upset about a game not coming to the Wii that seems like a natural (e.g., Beyond Good & Evil 2 by Ubisoft and Civilization Revolution which was delayed indefinitely by 2K Games) than I am this.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

^^Awesome post, Mike!

mike_intellivision said:
From EA website on NCAA 09 (which is making its first appearance in eons on a Nintendo console) http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/features.jsp

Whether you're at the helm of a collegiate powerhouse in Dynasty mode or dominating the action with the easy-to-use control system in all-new EA SPORTS All Play, life on the college gridiron jumps to life like never before with NCAA Football 09. Challenge friends and family on an even playing field and call your favorite plays from a simplified playbook, then take your game to the next level by delivering big hits with the help of all-new action icons. You can even field two teams of mascots in the hilarious Battle of the Mascots mode. With arcade-influenced gameplay bringing out all the fun and excitement of Big Play Saturday, and the accessibility of EA SPORTS Family Play, it's never been easier to pick up and play NCAA Football 09.

Similarly, from the EA website about Wii Madden -- a very different text than what is out there for the PS2 and Xbox (yes, original Xbox) versions of the game. http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/features.jsp

Celebrating 20 Years of Innovation, Madden NFL 09 delivers its most assessable football package ever for the Nintendo Wii, combining EA SPORTS All Play-featuring easy-to-use gameplay controls-with an all-new playcalling system tailored to fit the playing style of all skill levels. Elevate your game by creating plays with the Wii Remote, then rejoice in your success by throwing together a unique user-controlled celebration. With all-new 5-on-5 mode, an improved tackling system, realtime coaching tips, turn friends and family into your biggest rivals with Madden NFL 09.

Basically, the Wii is getting games with more than the PS2 but less than the Xbox 360 and PS3. Imagine that. EA is trying to meet the demands of the market. And with some of the other Wii games it has done recently (Boom Blox) or has coming out (Sim City and the expected Spore), I am much more inclined to give them a pass here or at least the benefit of the doubt. (EA even ran ads about the Wii only features of Madden last year -- which is a lot more than some developers/publishers have done).

I am much more upset about a game not coming to the Wii that seems like a natural (e.g., Beyond Good & Evil 2 by Ubisoft and Civilization Revolution which was delayed indefinitely by 2K Games) than I am this.

Mike from Morgantown

love that mike_intellivision - you've managed to get Beyond Good & Evil gripe in just about every post i've read of yours today and all in context to the discussion, thats no easy task.

TheGreatRanger1 said:
This is mainly directed towards Madden and POSSIBLY NCAA.
I am just reading things about ti and it SEEMS to be another PS2 port.
I will not know for sure until I purchase the game.

I love the EA football games but all the Wii titles so far are just lacking compared to Xbox 360 and PS3.
I just saw the petition on another site and I thought I would just spread the word.

Actually, this one seems to be way beyond a PS2 port compared to 07/08.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Of all large third party publishers who people argue is 'Screwing' the Wii, EA is the one I am least annoyed with ...

EA has actually put forward a pretty decent effort for most of their games on the Wii, and have provided games which were very enjoyable for what they are. Their decisions to not include online gamplay and online content is annoying, but it is at least an understandable decision ... As much as Nintendo is leading the way in most areas in the industry, they have provided little leadership when it comes to online content which causes confusion for developers; simply having provided direction (and a basic API) for developers to use SD cards or an external hard-drive for downloadable content would have reduced a lot of these problems.

d21lewis said:
I may be wrong, but being wrong never stopped me from saying what's on my mind, anyway.

If EA put a ton of effort into developing a sports title for the Wii (the best graphics possible, innovative motion control, etc...) it would still pale in comparison to a PS3/360 version that pushed the envelope. I'm sure you'd appreciate it, but most gamers are likely going to go for the HD (or even the PS2) version, anyway. I can't exactly fault EA for this trend. The Wii is an awesome system but sports games, fps's, and such are not the Wii's strong suit/ selling point.

You have the right to demand more. You don't have to settle for the scraps you are given, but in this instance, I think that your complaints will fall on deaf ears.

Whether or not FPS's or sports game are the Wii's selling point or not doesn't excuse a poor effort from devs. If it's not the system's strong suit, that fault would also fall into the dev's laps. Metroid Prime 3 has great FPS controls, so it's not like it can't be done. Madden 08's controls worked well, so that can also be done. the problem with Madden 08 was all of the bugs in the game and the broken online that makes Brawl's online look like XBL-level stuff.

And a good effort on a Wii sports game can be on the same level as an HD sports game, unless of course you judge a game by how HD it is. I had lost interest in Madden after playing it since the early 90's until the Wii Madden games reignited the passion. 

I don't have a problem with Family Play, All Play, or whatever it's called now. As long as there is regular Wii control options, I don't care if they have other options. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."