By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

sc94597 said:
amp316 said:
Alright I'm going to boycott Data Design.
Go ahead, btw I changed my sig. Is that more fitting?

Yes. I think that it's more accurate and doesn't make you look like such a militant. LOL

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
This is the traditional definition of the word:

To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion.

I don't think anyone is trying to coerce Bethesda, we just think they suck.

Yet the definition I posted is still a valid, and works in the way we are using it.

No, because your definition fails to put any constraints on why you are avoiding something.

Someone doesn't have a TV so they are boycotting Blu-Ray.

A war vet lost his legs so he is boycotting shoes.

Someone doesn't like peanuts so they are boycotting Peanut M&Ms.

Somoene doesn't know how to use the English language, so they are boycotting the rational use of definitions on the VGChartz forums.

See how silly your definition sounds?

I give that post a 9.0. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Poor attempt.......to save face.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

When it comes to multiplateform games why is it now that some of you are crying about now having certain game on the wii. non of the tom clancy gamesor Assassins creed were on the wii but now there is a problem because you fell for a lie.

Anyhow on to derailing the thread

I just got a Wii with brawl for my family in general. should i get a 2gb Sd card for it? Do Wiiware game save to the SD cards? Is any of the Wiiware games original/fun enough for a buy.

You know what's funniest? The outcry from the anti-boycott people is much louder than anything I've seen from the boycott camp.

This doesn't need to be a big deal. We simply don't like the actions of a company and decided to not give them our money. Why does everyone else feel the need to preach to us about it? You're making a tempest in a tea kettle...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Profcrab said:

I don't like the texture of cooked cherries therefore i am boycotting cherry pie. If you want to get that picky about definitions then we can all just say that we boycott everything we don't like by not buying it. Usually boycotts refer to something you would normally buy but are abstaining not because of the quality of the product, but because of the company that makes it or the region from which it came.

I give this post a 9.1.

Hhehe, thanks for the reminder, I forgot to keep my ratings going today.

I give that post a 9.9. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

NJ5 said:
You know what's funniest? The outcry from the anti-boycott people is much louder than anything I've seen from the boycott camp.

Must be blind.

NJ5 said:

Agreed, the threads go fine until somebody jumps in either calling wii fans winers,childish,babies,etc. Then a big argument occurs.

grimygunz said:
When it comes to multiplateform games why is it now that some of you are crying about now having certain game on the wii. non of the tom clancy gamesor Assassins creed were on the wii but now there is a problem because you fell for a lie.

Anyhow on to derailing the thread

I just got a Wii with brawl for my family in general. should i get a 2gb Sd card for it? Do Wiiware game save to the SD cards? Is any of the Wiiware games original/fun enough for a buy.

The Wii on it's own has enough good games. I haven't gotten the WiiWare stuff yet. You should pick up Mario Kart. I actually prefer it to Brawl and it's the same type of game. Easy to learn to play but you have to be a maniac to master it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@Grimy: LostWinds and FFCC are some good games and not so casual, then the rest of the games is good enough to justify its price. Most of them have online so you wont regret it.

Yes you can save your VC games and WW games to SD cards.

OT:Iit seems that Ubisoft achieved what they wanted, or at least people in general, that is to shut us up, still I think they will suffer a great loss from now on, and I will always refer to them as a bad company.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies