By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

brute said:
rocketpig said:
So if they support the Wii with good games, you'll still boycott them for not putting good games on the Wii?

Have I entered the fucking Twilight Zone here? I'm expecting Rod Serling's narrative to start echoing in my office any second now.

well i wont buy any of theregames until they start to release alot of good games

*bangs head on desk*

I give up. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Actually to give three examples two anecdotal the other more legitimate.

These are examples of accidental sales.

My friend works at a game store, well he's part owner, the other owner is kind of retarded when it comes to games; he tells him not to get "The Club" (he played the demo) the other owner goes out and buys 2 copies, my friend sais... "ok, whatever - watch what happens." Lo' and behold my friends friend walks into the store and buys The Club, of course my friend wanted to tell him no, but remaind neutral. The other owner goes home and within 2 hours my friends friend walks back in and complains how the game was crap and wants to trade it in.

On a larger scale and this is also anecdotal, Assassins Creed comes out, and everyone hypes it, at this point I just got my PS3 so I had no idea what to expect, I go out and buy it and beat the game, my friend (the one who owns the store and professional graphics whore) sees it being played and almost threw up at the repetative nature of the game, it was like redundancy within redundancy compounded into redundance sealed in a repetative bow tie.

RRR sold a crap load the first time, the game was crap - the 2nd time when the Wii's user base had basically doubled since the first RRR. RRR2 sold almost 1/2 of the first. This is all LTD.

On a serious note though, using Nintendo's model which is what Ubisoft claimed to want to achieve in 2008/9 a 'casual' or 'party' game has a lasting appeal, for an example of those who have achieved this kind of long standing sales trend that aren't Nintendo look for MySims and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, games like these that continue to sell inspires growth for new IP's while sustaining profits, in other words it sponsors innovation.

It's still to be seen if Ubisoft simply did another RRR but due to the DS userbase not being familiar with the IP they bought it out of ignorance (redundant I know).

But this will be a very good outing, it will show if these 'non-gamers' are paying attention to publishers or just the titles name.

Should RRR3 underperform compared to RRR2 as RRR2 underperformed to RRR then it's clear the wii owners who could of had an interest in that IP knew it was probably bad from just the name (This is withstanding people getting RRR as an extra software for the balance board, mainly because the theory is the majority of Wii owners don't continously buy software.)

Not to say RRR2 didn't sell - it's just that it didn't sell like a Nintendo game, I didn't hear about it not getting commerical time.

Also RRR2 out of fairness wasn't released in Japan, however RRR failed horribly in japan anyway, sold in the hundreds each week.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

sc94597 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Who says the Petz games' are bad?

Lol, are you serious. Watch.

LMAO...that's the first I've ever seen a trailer for it.  Lol, I no longer blame you.  I'd be pissed off too.  That's a crock. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
So if they support the Wii with good games, you'll still boycott them for not putting good games on the Wii?

Have I entered the fucking Twilight Zone here? I'm expecting Rod Serling's narrative to start echoing in my office any second now.

well i wont buy any of theregames until they start to release alot of good games

*bangs head on desk*

I give up. 

well if i dont buy theres games thats bycotting them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

dib8rman said:
Actually to give three examples two anecdotal the other more legitimate.

These are examples of accidental sales.

My friend works at a game store, well he's part owner, the other owner is kind of retarded when it comes to games; he tells him not to get "The Club" (he played the demo) the other owner goes out and buys 2 copies, my friend sais... "ok, whatever - watch what happens." Lo' and behold my friends friend walks into the store and buys The Club, of course my friend wanted to tell him no, but remaind neutral. The other owner goes home and within 2 hours my friends friend walks back in and complains how the game was crap and wants to trade it in.

On a larger scale and this is also anecdotal, Assassins Creed comes out, and everyone hypes it, at this point I just got my PS3 so I had no idea what to expect, I go out and buy it and beat the game, my friend (the one who owns the store and professional graphics whore) sees it being played and almost threw up at the repetative nature of the game, it was like redundancy within redundancy compounded into redundance sealed in a repetative bow tie.

RRR sold a crap load the first time, the game was crap - the 2nd time when the Wii's user base had basically doubled since the first RRR. RRR2 sold almost 1/2 of the first. This is all LTD.

On a serious note though, using Nintendo's model which is what Ubisoft claimed to want to achieve in 2008/9 a 'casual' or 'party' game has a lasting appeal, for an example of those who have achieved this kind of long standing sales trend that aren't Nintendo look for MySims and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, games like these that continue to sell inspires growth for new IP's while sustaining profits, in other words it sponsors innovation.

It's still to be seen if Ubisoft simply did another RRR but due to the DS userbase not being familiar with the IP they bought it out of ignorance (redundant I know).

But this will be a very good outing, it will show if these 'non-gamers' are paying attention to publishers or just the titles name.

Should RRR3 underperform compared to RRR2 as RRR2 underperformed to RRR then it's clear the wii owners who could of had an interest in that IP knew it was probably bad from just the name (This is withstanding people getting RRR as an extra software for the balance board, mainly because the theory is the majority of Wii owners don't continously buy software.)

Not to say RRR2 didn't sell - it's just that it didn't sell like a Nintendo game, I didn't hear about it not getting commerical time.

Also RRR2 out of fairness wasn't released in Japan, however RRR failed horribly in japan anyway, sold in the hundreds each week.

Except that Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 hasn't underperformed compared to Rayman Raving Rabbids (the sales are 1.2 Million vs. 1.3 Million), it just demonstrated the slow and steady sales that Wii games are building a reputation for having.

Around the Network
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:

*bangs head on desk*

I give up.

You're going to boycott a company for not producing good games even if they produce good games.

Did I forget my medication this morning or is this board always this fucking crazy? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ DragonLord you think that one is bad. They made a wii game that looks like a ds game with framerate under 20fps.

brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:

*bangs head on desk*

I give up.

True, except it is just laughably silly.

--You won't buy a UBIsoft game until they release a good one--

Well duh!

rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:

*bangs head on desk*

I give up.

You're going to boycott a company for not producing good games even if they produce good games.

Did I forget my medication this morning or is this board always this fucking crazy? 

well like i said until they release a few good games

and i know your a mod but it doesnt give you the right to call people fucking crazy

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I should clarify that if Miyamoto isn't pleased with what he saw at ubiday (where's that photo), then we have a right not to be pleased at the very least.

If it turns out there are good games they still haven't announced, that does not put egg on our faces for being upset. It makes Ubisoft look fooling for showing such shoddy previews, and even allowing the opportunity for people to get upset.

Was the complaining about the PS3 launch undone by the turnaround later on? No. So if ubisoft turns around, that will not mean our complaints now weren't legitimate.

And if it does turn out ubisoft has better games already being made, that still doesn't excuse previews that make the games theat are already making appear to be on the level of shovelware like cruisn' and ninjabread man.

Developers still have a reputation to maintain, and having a reputation for making cheap games, even on one console, just makes it look as though they could be cheap elsewhere.

And I don't mean cheap in the sense of low budget. Those previews show a lot of cutting corners on the level of those shovelware games.

Basically, you want Ubisoft to pull their head out of their ass.

Fair enough, I can understand that sentiment.

Yes. If they pretend an entire audience doesn't exist (traditional gamers with a Wii), then they can pretend other audiences don't exist. They can dump on even HD gamers if they feel like it, because they think casual Wii gamers will just rake in the dough for them.

Epic doesn't pretend the Wii doesn't exist. They are just too small to work on more than one game at a time (they once stated they have just around a hundred or so emplyees; that's why they had to outsource porting the Orange Box to the PS3).

BTW, I think brute meant that just a couple of good games is just throwing a bone to that audience, and is therefore not enough. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs