By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

NJ5 said:
rocketpig said:

True, but everyone knew those games sucked right off the bat. Haze was supposed to be good.

Still, you have to admit that it's highly dissapointing to get reports of 400-500 Ubisoft people working on Nintendo-quality Wii games for 2008, and then get slapped in the face with that bunch of games. But as I've said, there's still a very small hope that this issue is clarified (although this latest response from Ubisoft doesn't point in that direction).

Did Ubisoft say that they had 400-500 people working on Wii games in 2008 for 2008 release? I just want to clarify this because I don't have the original quote in front of me.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:

What about the people who already own a PS3 or 360 and have put "Ubisoft Boycott" in their sig? What's your advice to them? You know, just asking.

Go outside, take a deep breath, and then kick yourself in the ass for being so friggin' idiotic.

Haha, that's just awesome.

I love these Ubisoft threads.

I just don't understand this entire boycott fiasco. Don't like BG&E's direction? Don't buy the game.

Personally, I haven't purchased an Ubi game in over a year because of their Gamespot & EGM fiascos. That's a justifiable reason to boycott a company (attempting to strongarm journalists) and shows how poorly run the company is as a whole. But a few game releases? Aw, come on...

I don't see how lying to the public (they will make nintendo-quality games) is any less justified reason for a boycott?

joora said:
rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:

What about the people who already own a PS3 or 360 and have put "Ubisoft Boycott" in their sig? What's your advice to them? You know, just asking.

Go outside, take a deep breath, and then kick yourself in the ass for being so friggin' idiotic.

Haha, that's just awesome.

I love these Ubisoft threads.

I just don't understand this entire boycott fiasco. Don't like BG&E's direction? Don't buy the game.

Personally, I haven't purchased an Ubi game in over a year because of their Gamespot & EGM fiascos. That's a justifiable reason to boycott a company (attempting to strongarm journalists) and shows how poorly run the company is as a whole. But a few game releases? Aw, come on...

I don't see how lying to the public (they will make nintendo-quality games) is any less justified reason for a boycott?

Maybe they are still lieing, and treat their wii customers as if they are stupid, and don't know what they want.

rocketpig said:
NJ5 said:
rocketpig said:

True, but everyone knew those games sucked right off the bat. Haze was supposed to be good.

Still, you have to admit that it's highly dissapointing to get reports of 400-500 Ubisoft people working on Nintendo-quality Wii games for 2008, and then get slapped in the face with that bunch of games. But as I've said, there's still a very small hope that this issue is clarified (although this latest response from Ubisoft doesn't point in that direction).

Did Ubisoft say that they had 400-500 people working on Wii games in 2008 for 2008 release? I just want to clarify this because I don't have the original quote in front of me.

yeah they said they will make ninty like quality wii games,but it seems thats not happening

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

What i wanna know is, are all the wii fans going to turn on every developer that does an ubisoft? Or are you just making an example of them?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
What i wanna know is, are all the wii fans going to turn on every developer that does an ubisoft? Or are you just making an example of them?
Any developer who lies to us, then treats us as if we are stupid. Developers like Epic and Activision right out sai dthey won't be supporting the wii much. Ubisoft says they will bring quality of what most people consider the best developer of 1st and 3rd parties, yet give us crap.

This is such a stupid argument on both sides. Far too many people are taking this boycott idea too far -- you sound like vegetarians boycotting McDonald's for not offering any veggie burgers -- and the Ubisoft apologists are overreacting themselves in turn; why do you care if other people don't buy what they perceive to be crappy games?

Never mind the fact that these casual games actually are enjoyable to a large number of people, especially the DS versions. They don't just keep selling by accident. Just because you happen to not like them doesn't mean they're bad.

RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164228

In an investment meeting reported by Next Generation, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stated the company currently has 400-500 people dedicated to development on the Wii platform, and believes that they will achieve "Nintendo-like quality" on the Wii next year.

Since the article is from 2007, the Nintendo-like quality refers to 2008 games.

It was also written in November of 2007.

Methinks people are jumping the gun here. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DKII said:
This is such a stupid argument on both sides. Far too many people are taking this boycott idea too far -- you sound like vegetarians boycotting McDonald's for not offering any veggie burgers -- and the Ubisoft apologists are overreacting themselves in turn; why do you care if other people don't buy what they perceive to be crappy games?

Never mind the fact that these casual games actually are enjoyable to a large number of people, especially the DS versions. They don't just keep selling by accident. Just because you happen to not like them doesn't mean they're bad.
That is not quality. I expect more even if it is a casual game. Also I don't think 1/128 and 1/77 people buying a game is alot. Not to mention it's a nintendogz clone.

rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164228

In an investment meeting reported by Next Generation, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stated the company currently has 400-500 people dedicated to development on the Wii platform, and believes that they will achieve "Nintendo-like quality" on the Wii next year.

Since the article is from 2007, the Nintendo-like quality refers to 2008 games.

It was also written in November of 2007.

Methinks people are jumping the gun here. 

Which means they are talking about games they are making for release in 08 ie(dogz,babiez,catz) anything with a 'z'