By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ SC

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28270

That was flamebait. You are attacking a group of people because you disagree with them. I see none of this in the op. 

Not because I disagree, because they were whining.

But "Ubi tries to bail out", isn't flamebait at all?  

Hrm...

That was just the OP's opinion of a situation in the form of a title.  Nobody is attacking anybody. The op only posted a quote.

Around the Network
grimygunz said:
rocketpig said:
grimygunz said:
So An SD card it is. Any SD cards work right? Cause I got my Eye on an 8gb Sd / SDHC card. I just gotta have big storage for a good price. hell i gotta 160gb HD in my PS3 for under 100 bux. an 8gb SD card for under 40 bux would be nice.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Wii's SD card slot maxes at 4GB, doesn't it?

Damn thats not a good look. Was hoping for no limits for the future.

well ninty could always release a hard drive

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:

What about the people who already own a PS3 or 360 and have put "Ubisoft Boycott" in their sig? What's your advice to them? You know, just asking.

Go outside, take a deep breath, and then kick yourself in the ass for being so friggin' idiotic.

Haha, that's just awesome.

I love these Ubisoft threads.

I just don't understand this entire boycott fiasco. Don't like BG&E's direction? Don't buy the game.

Personally, I haven't purchased an Ubi game in over a year because of their Gamespot & EGM fiascos. That's a justifiable reason to boycott a company (attempting to strongarm journalists) and shows how poorly run the company is as a whole. But a few game releases? Aw, come on... 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

grimygunz said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
grimygunz said:
So An SD card it is. Any SD cards work right? Cause I got my Eye on an 8gb Sd / SDHC card. I just gotta have big storage for a good price. hell i gotta 160gb HD in my PS3 for under 100 bux. an 8gb SD card for under 40 bux would be nice.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Wii's SD card slot maxes at 4GB, doesn't it?

2gb

WHAT? thats weak. you surethe max is 2gb or is thatonlythe size the nintendo brands SD cards go up to?

No sdhc support. It is possible for it in the future though. Just buy multiple 2gb sd( Micro Sds seem to be cheaper and you could use the adapter that comes with them). I could get a gb micro sd for $10.

oh well guess ill just get more SD cards if they ever get full. whats the average size of wiiware games. I know VC games are tiny cause they are essencially roms.

Around the Network
grimygunz said:
oh well guess ill just get more SD cards if they ever get full. whats the average size of wiiware games. I know VC games are tiny cause they are essencially roms.
The limit is 40mb I think. Don't worry nintendo said they were working on a solution.

sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ SC

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28270

That was flamebait. You are attacking a group of people because you disagree with them. I see none of this in the op. 

Not because I disagree, because they were whining.

But "Ubi tries to bail out", isn't flamebait at all?  

Hrm...

That was just the OP's opinion of a situation in the form of a title.  Nobody is attacking anybody. The op only posted a quote.

"tries to bail out"

That doesn't look like flamebait to you, because you agree with said Ubisoft boycott.

The same way my thread didn't look like flamebait to me, since I didn't agree with Ubisoft Boycott.

I've come to the conclusion that my thread was flamebait.

You should come to the conclustion that the title of this thread is also.

@ Rol

Kwaad?  Who's that?

...Im kinda lost an confused...but from what i understand ubisoft isnt releasing much on the wii...however people who own a wii are boycotting games from them....what exactly are you preventing yourself to buy from them....if they arent releasing anything on your system?...i think this whole boycott thing just dumb...im sure that later ubisoft will release games for the wii....patience...

I think the problem is that the Wii uses FAT16 (pretty much standard for most older flash cards) for the SD cards. To go higher than 2GB you need to go to a different file system like FAT32.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

My derailing tactics seems to at the very least calmed the thread down a bit. now im off to playing some persona 3 fes (only 65 more hours to go). have fun boys and girls and plz don't cut each others throat's.