By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unity Game Engine announced...

yushire said:
Viper1 said:
yushire said:
^^^
@viper1

Sorry, I thought this engine was meant to be a retail game engine and its only in alpha stages which means its not that done yet thats why the graphics isnt that good yet.

The game engine is complete. An alpha stage is a development cycle for a game, not a game engine itself.

The range of graphics ayou are seeing come from actual game or development projects from cell phones, web browsers and CAD renderings. No actual Wii game screens were displayed on their web site or here.

OK THANKS, Im too overwhelmed by games on the Wii that have crappy graphics I dont even know what graphics that was meant to be in a cellphone and whats meant to be in home consoles.

Anyway, I think in reading the article Unity was supposed to be the Wiimote's optimization and not the graphics engine instead. The title thread is misleading...

My apologies if you were mislead by the thread title but Unity Game Engine announced - the 3 dots were meant to say more info inside but as the article states  "Unity's game engine allows developers to create, modify and iterate on Wii game functionality with the following features:" and the artice itself is announing details of this engine I personally thought the title was quite apt.

Around the Network
  1. Their laundry list of features isn't anything special, in fact, those are pretty much commen features in every engine except for the Wii Remote features which there is plenty of other software for.
  2. Those screenshots are nothing special.  The Wii could reproduce any single frame in any game on the PS3 or 360.  I would be much more interested in seeing something in motion.

twesterm said:
  1. Their laundry list of features isn't anything special, in fact, those are pretty much commen features in every engine except for the Wii Remote features which there is plenty of other software for.
  2. Those screenshots are nothing special. The Wii could reproduce any single frame in any game on the PS3 or 360. I would be much more interested in seeing something in motion.

Well isn't a developer giving resources to the Wii. If nothing else, it is that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs