By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM boycott: no Metal Gear Solid 4 review

So does this mean we should all put 'boycott EGM' in our sigs now? o_0

We're getting to the wire now.... I'm excited to see footage/info of MGS4, but now it's time to be extra careful to not see anything that would really spoil the experience (like I almost did if I watched the preview of a cutscene in act 2.... damn you Kotaku).

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

We're getting to the wire now.... I'm excited to see footage/info of MGS4, but now it's time to be extra careful to not see anything that would really spoil the experience (like I almost did if I watched the preview of a cutscene in act 2.... damn you Kotaku).

Psst, it's Konami, not EGM, they are talking about boycotting.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yeah, I have the mag and read the article last night. It wasn't impressive.

They reminded me of a Jr. High Boy that got disciplined so was acting like a "rebel" to show off and try to look "cool."

I actually got a good laugh out of it.

EGM has been disappointing lately, I might have to reconsider my subscription.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Viper1 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Psst, it's Konami, not EGM, they are talking about boycotting.

EGM is talking about boycotting Konami for having restrictions, I'm talking about boycotting EGM for saying screw it and not releasing a review.

It was a joke either way.

So, do we know of any other sites or mags that skipped on reviewing now?
Out of curiosity I checked a major Dutch magazine and it did not mention anything about the cutscénes or installation or anything listed in the link Kotaku mentioned.

Could be just due to space-limitations but, well, anything is suspicious now...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

So they refuse to review a game because its publisher doesn´t want clumsy reviewers to spoil the game? That´s moronic, but it´s their choice to do so.

Esmoreit said:
So, do we know of any other sites or mags that skipped on reviewing now?
Out of curiosity I checked a major Dutch magazine and it did not mention anything about the cutscénes or installation or anything listed in the link Kotaku mentioned.

Could be just due to space-limitations but, well, anything is suspicious now...

The dutch magazines were also the ones who didn't mention anything about the framerate and other isseus with Assasin Creed.

who cares? its not like the 90 minute cut scenes and the 4 gig of install file is a secret anyway.

Rath said:
I think hes saying EGM are boycotting Konami...? Maybe?

Anyway, fucking go EGM - honesty is a great thing this days and not allowing yourself to be manipulated gets big respect points from me.
 I agree, developers cannot control the media... I am looking at you gamespot... 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Wow people actually supporting Konami in this. I never thought i'd see fanboyism THAT bad.

"Yes we like the truth that has nothing to do with any spoilers being hidden from us!"

Pathetic.  Guess nobody would have any problem is Lair review guidelines suggested you don't mention gameplay or Petz Dogs mention anything aside from the variety in number of dogs.