By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM boycott: no Metal Gear Solid 4 review

That all doesn't matter, this is about a developer putting restrictions upon reviewers and in my opinion that's just plain wrong, whichever game it is.

Around the Network

EGM are just whining. If they don't want to be bound by rules, they can simply pick up a retail copy after release and review that one. Konami sends them a copy before anyone else and they still have the guts to set demands as the receiving party, whiny little bitches is what I call them.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

shanbcn said:
But giving low scores because of 4gb install and 90 minute cut scene is not fair also. Why Sony put the hard drive from the beginning if not for installs? I think these reviewers are accustomed to play 6 hours of game play and 2 hour of total cinematics thanks to dvd9 restrictions. The game play of MGS4 is 3 times longer then majority of games.

Did you read the OP? This wasn't about the scores. This was about not being allowed to mention those things in the reviews.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

shanbcn said:
But giving low scores because of 4gb install and 90 minute cut scene is not fair also. Why Sony put the hard drive from the beginning if not for installs? I think these reviewers are accustomed to play 6 hours of game play and 2 hour of total cinematics thanks to dvd9 restrictions. The game play of MGS4 is 3 times longer then majority of games.

exactly,,,,konami has put so much effort into this game that they don't want to see a fan of sport games review their game and give it a 6 for long cutscenes,,,,,if anyone has played previous MGS and is a fan they alreay know it has long cutscenes,,,,,,

AGAIN ,,,,cutscenes can be skipped.is it bad that they tried to cater to everyone?if you love story watch the cutscenes ,,if you love to play and don't care for story,just skip it.

Gazz said:
EGM are just whining. If they don't want to be bound by rules, they can simply pick up a retail copy after release and review that one. Konami sends them a copy before anyone else and they still have the guts to set demands as the receiving party, whiny little bitches is what I call them.

there here to inform us the customer you know the one who would like to know about these things, it's not about there self, they just believe they would be deciving the costumers which is true.

Around the Network
Gazz said:

So you have no problem with the fact that Konami are influencing reviews to be more positive for their games? They aren't setting demands, they are asking to be able to review the game in a fair and unbiased manner - which every reviewer should be doing - and Konami are telling them to basically deceive consumers.

I never liked EGM anyway, although I dont think Konami should have any restrictions. If they think the long cut scenes will have a negative effect on sales, why did they put them in? Konami should just pay EGM off, like most publishers do. EGM will do anything for money.

Tifa got MOVES!

I think they have made the right move in not allowing themselves to be governed by Konami but....who can honestly blame Konami? They have a lot riding on this game

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Reviewers will mark down MGS4 because it's too complex and has too many cutscenes in their opinion. Reviewers like shit campaigns, for example Halo 3's.

MGS4!

Q_A_X said:
Reviewers will mark down MGS4 because it's too complex and has too many cutscenes in their opinion. Reviewers like shit campaigns, for example Halo 3's.

again this is not about the game!