By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^^^ Gamestation?

Around the Network

That's terrible. Particularly, the manager's lie about call is hideous.

When I visit the U.S., which I do quite often, I usually try not to buy games at Gamestop. Once, they tried to sell a used game to me saying it's brand new. They must have thought I was quite gullible.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

They have a 48 hour rule on all pre-orders, it's their standard.

Also, they most likely DID call you. The number they called you with is a different number of their actual store. You wouldn't recognize the number if you saw it.

So really this wasn't Gamestop's fault at all, but you have my sympathies for your misfortune.

I almost never shop at GameStop/EB, but occasionally buy from them online. It just pisses me off that their brick & mortar stores open the shrink wrap on their games - IMO that's my job.

It sucks when people shit on you like that, I would be really pissed off too.

I blame Wii Fit for GS's incompetence.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I only shop at Game or Gamestation, or if im online at Play.com

No one shops at Amazon.com?

You should buy things from Amazon now on, like I do. It is cheaper sometimes. Gamestop is wack. I preordered Smash and they kept bothering me to preorder Mario Kart too. I just spent $50, how the hell am I gonna preorder MKWii when it didn't even have a release date (at the time)?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I rarely buy anything from gamestop. I've bought over 30 games this year and I only bought 2 of them from gamestop. GTA 4 Limited Editon and Mass Effect PC. GTA 4 I wanted that night and Mass Effect only because they had the best deal in town on it.

Most of the time I get my games from Sam's club because they're about 5 dollars less, or off of goozex which allows you to trade your game at or near retail value. (see my sig link if you want more info)

gamestop always do this, thats why i never pre-order from there