By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamestop Fiasco

Well, I may have made my last purchase at Gamestop.  My wife, son, and I made a 90 minute round-trip drive to our favorite Gamestop store here in Ohio, only to discover that the Wii Fit we pre-ordered had been sold to someone else.  Apparently, the demand for the product is so high that they decided to only give customers 48 hours to pick up their pre-orders.  The shift manager said they called us the day it arrived to let us know about the 48 hour limit, but this turned out to be completely false.  We checked our callerid logs and all numbers from this past week were from other callers.

What a way to run a business.  I'm now waiting to hear from the district manager to see if he will make things right, i.e - my gas cost, an apology, and a Wii Fit that I can purchase within the next 3 days.  I'm not holding my breath, however... many companies these days seem to believe that customers should feel grateful just to be allowed to shop in their stores.

Let's see if Gamestop has any sort of customer focus.

Around the Network
crumas2 said:
Well, I may have made my last purchase at Gamestop.  My wife, son, and I made a 90 minute round-trip drive to our favorite Gamestop store here in Ohio, only to discover that the Wii Fit we pre-ordered had been sold to someone else.  Apparently, the demand for the product is so high that they decided to only give customers 48 hours to pick up their pre-orders.  The shift manager said they called us the day it arrived to let us know about the 48 hour limit, but this turned out to be completely false.  We checked our callerid logs and all numbers from this past week were from other callers.

What a way to run a business.  I'm now waiting to hear from the district manager to see if he will make things right, i.e - my gas cost, an apology, and a Wii Fit that I can purchase within the next 3 days.  I'm not holding my breath, however... many companies these days seem to believe that customers should feel grateful just to be allowed to shop in their stores.

I thought that was GameStop's slogan.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^^^ Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Yeah, the whole pre-order system itself is pretty shitty.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

From what I recall, they have always had a 48 hour rule.  Granted I pre-ordered the limited edition of Subsistence at gamestop, and they had sold it the day it released.

Around the Network
crumas2 said:

48-hours is their typical limit on pre-ordered items. They should have called you but still the limit is universally for all pre-ordered games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Yakuzaice said:
From what I recall, they have always had a 48 hour rule. Granted I pre-ordered the limited edition of Subsistence at gamestop, and they had sold it the day it released.

It would have been nice had they told us that was there policy.  I did pull out a receipt from one of the pre-orders we did with them last year, and it stated on the back that we had 7 days to pick up our pre-order.  The manager at the store said that wasn't true... maybe I should show him the receipt.

Anyway, we don't have any sort of receipt show that, now, so I can't do much about it except to point out to the district manager that I've spent well over $1000 in his store over the past 2 years, and that will stop if he feels this action was justified.

ssj12 said:

48-hours is their typical limit on pre-ordered items. They should have called you but still the limit is universally for all pre-ordered games.

It used to be longer... I even have a pre-order receipt from them stating that.  I'm not as bent out of shape about the policy as I am about the fact that they didn't tell us, then lied about calling us.  It's the "the store is always right" attitude that wears on me

Gamestop is a load of sh*t, they only have two stores in England, both of them are stupidly over priced. They can't even get a foothold. Worst company ever.

Use gamestation!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot