By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you believe MGS4 will determine PS3 NA's success or final fate.

the PS3 has been outselling the 360's hardware without a strong line-up of game since launch , so we know marketshare won't be a problem.

In terms of profitability MGS4 as well as other important exclusives Resistance 2 , Final Fantasy , Little Big Planet will determine the financial success of the PS3.

Around the Network

It's not only the games that matter. First it's the price and if the price meets your taste then you look at the games. If both are good, only then will success come. So the answer is no but it will definitely give a good reason to own a PS3. But, MGS4 will not raise the sales to heavens. Well, for a short moment it may do so but in long-term sales the effect is much smaller.

Imperial said:
the PS3 has been outselling the 360's hardware without a strong line-up of game since launch , so we know marketshare won't be a problem.

In terms of profitability MGS4 as well as other important exclusives Resistance 2 , Final Fantasy , Little Big Planet will determine the financial success of the PS3.

Maybe since the start of 2008, but the PS3 hasn't been outselling the 360 since launch. The hardware sales chart says that both have been trading ups and downs.

GTA4 determined the final verdict. GTA4 >>>>>> MGS4.

I don't know why people still think the outcome will change.

The end (2012) will be Wii >> PS3 > 360.

80GB MGS4 bundles will determinate. =)

MANY people waited for 80GB models, now bundled with MGS4, PS3 sales will just sky rocket. =)
GTA4 had no PS3 bundles in USA.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

im a 360 fan boy (also own a wii) and would defo buy MGS4 if it was on the 360. Sounds like the sort of game Sony need to make the PS3 a more attractive purchase. So far for me its only got:

- Cheap Blu Ray (although right now im still enjoying cheap HD-DVD's when they're still out there)
- MGS4

Anything else i feel i can get an equal product on the 360.

The main problem for Sony is that its AAA titles are not out until 2009 (imo).

Noobie said:

So far PS3 has managed to show an amazing run in 2008 in Europe, i m comparing it only with XBOX 360..

its actually having an amazing run in NA also. and will only get better as time goes on.

i dont know how you have come to conclusion regarding the fate of the ps3 in NA on mgs4.

ps3 is slowly becoming a success in NA i cant wait to see the sales data after 2008. without any of its big titles its still selling more than 360, so imo the title of thread is a bit misleading

but grats anyways for raising your opinion

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

MorgZ said:
im a 360 fan boy (also own a wii) and would defo buy MGS4 if it was on the 360. Sounds like the sort of game Sony need to make the PS3 a more attractive purchase. So far for me its only got:

- Cheap Blu Ray (although right now im still enjoying cheap HD-DVD's when they're still out there)
- MGS4

Anything else i feel i can get an equal product on the 360.

The main problem for Sony is that its AAA titles are not out until 2009 (imo).

Sony's AAA games

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Socom

White Knight Chronicles

*Please feel free to think up anymore 

Skeeuk said:
Noobie said:

So far PS3 has managed to show an amazing run in 2008 in Europe, i m comparing it only with XBOX 360..

its actually having an amazing run in NA also. and will only get better as time goes on.

i dont know how you have come to conclusion regarding the fate of the ps3 in NA on mgs4.

ps3 is slowly becoming a success in NA i cant wait to see the sales data after 2008. without any of its big titles its still selling more than 360, so imo the title of thread is a bit misleading

but grats anyways for raising your opinion

It's selling neck and neck with 360 in NA for 2008 so if you call that a success wow I guess SONY fanboys have lowered their standard. Next I feel it only sells close to it because of Bluray which prolly accounts for 10-20% of sales in NA. If MGS4 doesn't outsell GeOW in NA then 360 will never be beaten by Ps3 in NA. In terms of financial success SONY might as well concede right now to the 360 in NA.

Nope, because MSG4 is only part of the Playstation audience...

Now when Final Fantasy comes out and if that don't sell units, then Sony got a big problem.

I'm just saying...