By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whatcha been playin'? 2008 Edition

What have you been playing this year? The first half of 2008 has been a marvelous year for me, gaming wise.

Super Smash Brother Brawl - I loved the SSE portion of the game. I'm not interested in the online fighting. Note, I'm not a fan of fighting games. Possibly the best soundtrack ever. B+

No More Heroes - Great boss fights. The stylized graphics were a hit with me. Did not like the overworld. B-

Shiren Mystery Dungeon - Dungeon crawling rogue-like goodness. B

Endless Ocean - The most fun I've had gaming without falling asleep. Seriously. A-

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - I didn't like the "darker" story line as much as the older "kiddy" story lines. The tactical gameplay was topnotch and improved. A-

Professor Layton - 130 puzzles! A

Lost Winds - Short and sweet. I enjoyed the creative control scheme. B

Final Fantasy: My Life as King - Decent sim/management game. Slightly addictive. B

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Best thing ever? A

Monster Hunter 2 - I enjoy being able to play a MMO solo. B+

Wii Fit - The balance games are hard to compare to anything that's come before. Using your body to control the action is awesome. A-

Still Playing:

Super Mario Galaxy A+
Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan A-
Puzzle Quest B+
Brain Training B
Hot Shots Golf B+
Etrian Odyssey B

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Halo 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of Duty 4
Assassin's Creed.

Waaayyy too much to list :p

*unnecessary post ftw*

Super Mario Galaxy                                                                                       A
Super Paper Mario (never get to finish it )                                               C
Super Smash bros. Brawl                                                                             A+
Mario Kart wii                                                                                                A+
My word coach ( again, I don't remember why I bought it...)                       D-
Animal Crossing Wild Word                                                                           A+
Pokemon Pearl                                                                                              A
a whole lot of Elite Beat agents                                                                    A++
Playing now Eternal Darkness, a game I missed                                          A+
and lots of vc games                                                                                     A+

Crisis Core B+
Jeanne D'Arc A
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune A
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles B
Growlanser III B-
Echochrome A-
Super Smash Brothers Brawl A
Folklore B+

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Wii Sports - B

Loz TP - A

Brawl - A+

MK Wii - B-

VC games:

Oot -A+

SMW - A+++

DKC 2 - A+

SMB 3 - A 

GTA IV - Fun and alive, amazing in many ways. Controls still not perfect ;(

MAFIA - Finally tried this. It was fun, but I didn't finish it. Lacked the freedom of GTA.

SUPER MARIO GALAXY - AMAZING! Constantly suprising, adding new wonderful things at every turn. 

BOOM BLOX - Wow. Did not expect anything from it, but it's fun, fun, fun.

GUITAR HERO 1, 2, 3 - Still playing these. Especially with friends. It's addictive.

PHOENIX WRIGHT; AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - Not sure it was as good as the first one. Definatly wonderful though

ASSASSINS CREED (PC) - Hmm... It's fun to climb, but a bit too easy. It's somewhat fun to assassinate people. The rest is just boring.

PORTAL - Still picking up this game from time to time. Last years best game, without a doubt.

WII SPORTS - Great party-game!

Hmm... Haven't been playing a lot lately. I've been reading instead. Finished around 15 new books and re-read more than that.

This is invisible text!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (not kidding)
No More Heroes
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

SMG - A+
NMH - A-
RRR2 - C
Endless Ocean - B+
Boom Blox - A

Didn't have much time to play, but almost everything i've touched except Rabbids 2 was excellent.

wii
mario galaxy
no more heroes
okami
metroid prime 3
mario kart
resident evil umbrella chronicles
pro evolution soccer 2008
boom blox
zack and wiki

PC
orange box