By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Split decision: Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia

the_bloodwalker said:

Yeah

I've never played any other RPG with so wonderful contrasts like Skies of Arcadia. I always wanted to play more to see what was new. The discoveries feature was excellent.

and on GC, the bounty battles were amazing... you level up, they level up as well...

man I was confident at level 60 when I fougt one and I was getting 9999 of damage... when I played again at level 25 it was tough but I could win

Gah, I didn't realize that early on.  I fought the Ixataka Demons later and found out how painfully hard they were.  That was the cause of one reset as they dismantled my party pretty handily.  

My only complaint was that the game needed more airship battles.  I loved those.   I abused that poor spell-pirates ship over the eastern desert so much just because I had fun in those...

Around the Network

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

i played both games, and i thought baten kaitos had a better story and the battle system was alot better as well, skies is a very good game but baten kaitos it without a doubt in my opinion to be the best rpg on the gc.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Soriku said:
youjiro said:
i've played both and SoA wins it! but only marginally, the voice acting in BK really killed the whole experience for me

The voice acting in BKO is actually pretty good.
I think he was talking about the VA in the original BK. I never actually played the game but I heard the voice acting and it did suck.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Gah, I didn't realize that early on. I fought the Ixataka Demons later and found out how painfully hard they were. That was the cause of one reset as they dismantled my party pretty handily.

My only complaint was that the game needed more airship battles. I loved those. I abused that poor spell-pirates ship over the eastern desert so much just because I had fun in those...

True.

I wanted to use the Moon Stone Cannon more

Around the Network

i would say get both but if you only can get one baten kaitos had a more fun combat system imo but skies of acardia was the better overall game

If you are looking it from a technical standpoit, BK rapes SoAL, but SoAL is the best RPG I played last gen. Buy SoA.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

My Brother has SoA on GC I gave it a miss because I had it on Dreamcast is it worth playing again on GC (Via my Wii)?

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Both aren't bad but if you had to choose only one then Skies all the way. It's awesome

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Riachu said:
BluJay said:
Skies of Arcadia was a bore fest. Baten Kaitos is one of the best RPG's that I have ever played. So get Baten Kaitos and don't waste your time looking at Skies of Crapcadia.

Baten Kaitos is not bad but is very flawed.  The only reason you hated SoA was because of the lack of melodrama which was a blessing to the rest of us

I hated Skies of Arcadia because I thought the story and gameplay were boring and the music was disappointing, despite what people kept saying about it on the internet. Baten Kaitos was amazing in every aspect, except voice acting. The voice acting was enjoyable though because it was hilarious while sounding bad at the same time.

myspace.com/neorayj