By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Split decision: Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia

Skies of Arcadia was a bore fest. Baten Kaitos is one of the best RPG's that I have ever played. So get Baten Kaitos and don't waste your time looking at Skies of Crapcadia.

myspace.com/neorayj

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Skies of Arcadia Legends. Best RPG for the GC.

QFT.

BluJay said:
Skies of Arcadia was a bore fest. Baten Kaitos is one of the best RPG's that I have ever played. So get Baten Kaitos and don't waste your time looking at Skies of Crapcadia.

Baten Kaitos is not bad but is very flawed.  The only reason you hated SoA was because of the lack of melodrama which was a blessing to the rest of us

I too say skies. I liked Baten Kaitos, it was unique and pretty cool, but the combat system got annoying often times, and I hated having to constantly create new food cards because my old ones spoiled. BK is good, but flawed. Skies Of Arcadia is a classic. It's less dark and moody and mellow dramatic, and more like a fun adventure through exotic lands with memorable characters.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
I too say skies. I liked Baten Kaitos, it was unique and pretty cool, but the combat system got annoying often times, and I hated having to constantly create new food cards because my old ones spoiled. BK is good, but flawed. Skies Of Arcadia is a classic. It's less dark and moody and mellow dramatic, and more like a fun adventure through exotic lands with memorable characters.

That's funny, that's pretty much how I would describe Chrono Trigger. I guess that's why Skies and CT are 2 of my all time faves. Can't say I've ever played BK tho. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

Skies of Arcadia is great because the Storyline was not focused on melodrama, but the spirit of adventure, discovery, wonder and courage. Every land was unique and was amazing to see Ixataca, Nasr and the continent of the East (forgot the name).

A game that delivers that sense of discovery and wonder is just amazing

the_bloodwalker said:
Skies of Arcadia is great because the Storyline was not focused on melodrama, but the spirit of adventure, discovery, wonder and courage. Every land was unique and was amazing to see Ixataca, Nasr and the continent of the East (forgot the name).

Exactly.

Vyse was a terrific main character as well.  He didn't whine about problems.  He didn't get angsty.  He found solutions.  I can't believe how simple yet refreshing that was.  Not only was he intelligent, but competent as well.

After so many JRPGs filled with emo and stupid main characters, playing as someone cool, smart, and likeable was wonderful.

I haven't played Skies of Arcadia, but I can tell you that Baten Kaitos is awesome.

Words Of Wisdom said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Exactly.

Vyse was a terrific main character as well. He didn't whine about problems. He didn't get angsty. He found solutions. I can't believe how simple yet refreshing that was. Not only was he intelligent, but competent as well.

After so many JRPGs filled with emo and stupid main characters, playing as someone cool, smart, and likeable was wonderful.

Yeah

I've never played any other RPG with so wonderful contrasts like Skies of Arcadia. I always wanted to play more to see what was new. The discoveries feature was excellent.

and on GC, the bounty battles were amazing... you level up, they level up as well...

man I was confident at level 60 when I fougt one and I was getting 9999 of damage... when I played again at level 25 it was tough but I could win

i've played both and SoA wins it! but only marginally, the voice acting in BK really killed the whole experience for me

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!