By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisofts Shaun White - Wiifit balance board+snowboarding. Looks cool!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/05/30/shaun-white-snowboarding/

"If a player used the Wii Balance Board, they stand on the board as they would a snowboard and then lean toward the TV to go faster, lean back to brake, and tip their weight to their toes and heels to turn and carve. From what I saw, tricks could be activated with a spring of the legs, and bigger tricks could be triggered with a hula dance shake of the body."

Sounds lovely and kinesthetic to me!

"While getting a demo, I asked a Ubisoft representative about multiplayer using multiple Balance Boards. She said that the game would support four player matches using four Wii remotes or three player matches using one board and two Wii remotes. Why that breakdown? I was told that the Wii reads the Balance Board as two controllers, leaving only two slots empty for extra controllers. And there go my dreams of four people flailing on Balance Boards at the same time."

Too bad, so you can't multiplayer with the Wiiboards? WTF?!?!?!? Damnit. It looks like an awesome game to do it on too.

If they pull it off it may be the 1st third party game I buy on the Wii.

*fingers Xed*

Tease.

Around the Network

Sarcasm?

The concept doesn't sound bad, but the quality of what we have seen of the project makes me question the quality. When you see a developer produce a Wii game that rivals the quality of graphics of a below average Dreamcast game you have to start to wonder how high of quality the developer is.

Boycott Ubisoft.Nothing is safe.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

@ HappySquirrel

But graphics don't matter, right?

At least that's what most Wii owners say.

Around the Network

see sig... they made me put it...

HappySqurriel said:
The concept doesn't sound bad, but the quality of what we have seen of the project makes me question the quality. When you see a developer produce a Wii game that rivals the quality of graphics of a below average Dreamcast game you have to start to wonder how high of quality the developer is.

Have you seen anything that indicates the *gameplay* is shoddy?

Besides, this should be a treat for all those kinesthetic types of which im sure there are plenty on the Wii, due mostly to the controls.

Besides I have a friend with amputated arms and legs and im hoping he can play a Wii game or two. The Wii balance board looks like his best bet.

Tease.

DMeisterJ said:
@ HappySquirrel

But graphics don't matter, right?

At least that's what most Wii owners say.

You're confusing the technical merit of graphics with the aesthetic quality of graphics ...

I don't really care whether a game has normal mapping or high dynamic range, but it really pisses me off to see a developer use this as a reason to produce games that have a third rate art style executed with all the skill of someone who just completed their first course in computer graphics.

Squilliam

I hope for your sake it is good. But I would read reviews and rent before going retail.
I am very glad I picked up Cranium Kabooki used at Gamestop ... because I could take it back since the motion sensing was not very effective. I bring this up because the game was released by Ubisoft.

Mike from Morgantown

If you must have a Ubisoft game -- buy it used so they don't get another sale!

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Squilliam said:
HappySqurriel said:

Have you seen anything that indicates the *gameplay* is shoddy?

Besides, this should be a treat for all those kinesthetic types of which im sure there are plenty on the Wii, due mostly to the controls.

Besides I have a friend with amputated arms and legs and im hoping he can play a Wii game or two. The Wii balance board looks like his best bet.

I haven't seen much to say that it will be delivered poorly, but at this point in time I am personally more excited about Skate It because EA has a track record of producing adequate controlls for Wii games.