By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple gaming rumour rises again.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I would buy an Apple console over both Nintendo and Microsoft.
Sony PlayStation consoles are my first choice.

Not me, I remember the old days of Apple when they were a big player in the home computer market. Apple lost their share because they wanted to keep every aspect of the Mac to themselves. They make some neat innovative stuff now (I do love my MacBook and iPod), but don't let that fool you into thinking they are less of a monster than Microsoft. When Apple owns a market, they don't play that nice with others. Steve Jobs really pushes Apple to make great things, but he's kind of a dick. I don't trust him at all when it comes to market domination.

As for Sony, they get goofy too when they think they have a market.  Generally though, it usually results in them hamstringing themselves. 

I give that post a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

I would like Apple to enter only because I know it would mean one of the 4 competitor's console would lose and that console maker would be forced out of the video game market. Would be interesting to watch (though I think Apple would be the ones who fail)

I'd rather buy M$ than Apple

Apple = Overprices, Overhyped & not of greater quality as most people think

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Rock_on_2008 said:
I would buy an Apple console over both Nintendo and Microsoft.
Sony PlayStation consoles are my first choice.

I believe this wins the award for the weeks best STATING THE OBVIOUS POST

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Gamergalinsider? Never heard of 'her'. She has a nice fake picture though.

Around the Network

Profcrab said:

Not me, I remember the old days of Apple when they were a big player in the home computer market. Apple lost their share because they wanted to keep every aspect of the Mac to themselves. They make some neat innovative stuff now (I do love my MacBook and iPod), but don't let that fool you into thinking they are less of a monster than Microsoft. When Apple owns a market, they don't play that nice with others. Steve Jobs really pushes Apple to make great things, but he's kind of a dick. I don't trust him at all when it comes to market domination.

As for Sony, they get goofy too when they think they have a market. Generally though, it usually results in them hamstringing themselves.

Hehe, that's actually a pretty good summary... 9/10...

Maybe Apple could try, but as there will certainly be a winner with higher market share and as only competitors with more than 20-25% are really influential, there will be at least one big loser.
Coming last, anyway, Apple could make comparisons and generations more vague, releasing far off other consoles' releases.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lots of rumors have been around of apple entering the business,

It would be interesting for them to enter though.

This gen = too late. That ship has sailed and the dingy on the dock looks shoddy.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Rather than create a whole new console (which would be obsolete when Apple i-console 2.0 is released 6 months later), Apple should partner with one of the existing companies. Everyone wins!