By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Games per console

konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:
NJ5 said:

What does my signature have to do with the validity of your argument?

That you don't want to accept the truth ;).

Think twice next time when you buy a console...

Indeed. After the disappointment of GTA IV I think NJ5 regrets to have bought a 360.

He has a X360 what the fuck is whining about then? I really don't see why a X360/Wii owner would complain about the UBISOFT games when he can play the good ones on the X360. Why should he boycott them?

I have a 360 but I want them to support the Wii as it deserves, since I often prefer Wii controls.

BTW RolStoppable I don't regret buying the 360, but that's mostly because of Ninja Gaiden ;)

@ArtOfAngels: I don't see how a poorly constructed argument with a count of games for each platform should make me change my mind, since (as many have said) this is about quality not quantity of games.

Wii detractors (I'm not saying you are one) are so quick to criticize the Wii for shovelware, but then totally ignore quality when it serves their arguing purposes. It's quite funny to see that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:

He has a X360 what the fuck is whining about then? I really don't see why a X360/Wii owner would complain about the UBISOFT games when he can play the good ones on the X360. Why should he boycott them?

For the way they are doing their business which is downright insulting to a large chunk of the videogames market.

Bro,  hundred of times users on this site says Western Devs will make their games on X360 and PS3 while they will see Wii as a more kiddy console and make most of the times party games on it.   Still people like you were acting that that will not be the cause and the the wii big userbase will change it....

Maybe you should stop dreaming and look what the Japanese devs will do.

Prince of Persia is a port, with no significant improvements. You can pick up Prince of Persia trilogy pack for PS2, for a lot cheaper nontheless.

I wasn't here with all the RRR praising, but it was always disappointing game to me (not necessarily bad though).

Everything else they made is trash, and that is undeniable, unless you have a thing for mediocre shooters.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Ubisoft have been making sh**y games for the wii lately but mostly i just love jumpin on the bandwagon!

p.s I just realised how long its been since i had a waggon wheel... years!!! :O

The biggest issue's I have with the entire thing is that Ubisoft promised Nintendo like quality and has yet to deliver on any platform anything even close to Nintendo's magic dust. ;)

The other issue I have is that their press conference was completely awash. If I was a shareholder and I saw that conference I would have been none too impressed. I'd see a year of stagnant growth and maybe a steep drop in revenue then last years based on the products announced. Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil 2 for the HD consoles were worse then the Imagine series for the DS and Wii. At least the Imagine series gets sales. Changing Prince of Persia into an animated game for the North American market will no doubt cause it to have lower sales then it's predecessors. Beyond Good and Evil 2 which sold way below expectations the first time around shouldn't have been brought back period. Unless they make BG&E2 a downloadable game with a super small budget, it'll never make the money back for them.

As for boycotting Ubisoft, really there is no point. You aren't going to buy an Imagine series game anyway so all your doing is yelling about nothing.

I think Ubisoft used this press conference to give a heads up to their shareholders so there's no shock later on when they see these games pop up during the 3rd quarter when Ubi's share price should be it's highest. I think they will appease the shareholders with more announcements around E3 time to round out their offerings with a few more games that will bolster their yearly sales revenue. (it makes sense to show these games now when the share price should be at it's lowest and have the least effect on the share price)

However, all of this moaning about Ubisoft is getting a LOT of attention now.  Shareholders are going to start asking the same questions about Ubisofts projects and this may force Ubi's hand to show it's cards before E3.  I expect by the end of the week there might be another announcement pushed forward to get the shareholders off their back.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
NJ5 said:
colonelstubbs said:
The OP pretty much destroyed all of the Ubisoft complaints with one post there.

Nice work

Are you being sarcastic, or are you just clueless?

Your signature says it all.

I guess you got your answer NJ5, clueless it is.

This thread only has weight if you factor in the metacritic scores of each of those games. Then you'll see that even though the wii has more games, the scores are far lower

student said:
This thread only has weight if you factor in the metacritic scores of each of those games. Then you'll see that even though the wii has more games, the scores are far lower

Even better is to ask the gamers you know how much they like their Wii Ubisoft games.

I bought RRR a few months ago. It's cute and fun at times, but I haven't played it nearly as much as my other Wii or 360 games. Then there's Red Steel, which I don't have but seems to be mediocre from what I hear. The rest is mostly (or all) poorly made stuff.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The_vagabond7 said:
This is really turning into something isn't it? I can't wait to see what BengaBenga has to say about this in "the week that was".
   lol! Maybe you'll hear my opinion a little earlier....

ArtofAngels said:

According to VGChartz here's the stats.

DS: 25 Games.

PSP: 18 Games.

Wii: 17 Games.

Xbox 360: 15 Games.

PS3: 12 Games.

42 Games and counting for Nintendo so far this generation, Ubisoft support Nintendo more-so than anyone other developer, it makes me very disappointed as a fellow Wii 'fanboy' (As in favourite console not raving idiot) that half of you would go and diss Ubisoft and Boycott them, incredibly selfish and immature, we should be embrassing Ubisoft, not Boycotting them.

Complaining about lack of hardcore Wii games? I bet that in every arguement (This goes to the people boycotting Ubisoft) you have against a PS360 fanboy about Wii's lack of hardcore games that you without a doubt in my mind bring up the games "Red Steel" and "No More Heroes" to help counter the lack of arguement.

Wake up. 

Quantity - Volume of units in a measurable metric.

Quality - Value of craftsmanship contrasting similar products.

They are independant metrics exclusive of the characteristics of each property.   Don't confuse them please.

The rEVOLution is not being televised