By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just thinking, what if Umbrella chronicles will be a FPS? Will it be good?

for the sequel what do you think? It just pops out in my mind...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I don't really think FPS suits the RE franchise, unless they can somehow still make it feel like a survival than a shoot-em up.

I have yet to see a FPS with zombies though, and yeah, F.E.A.R. was a good horror FPS game so horror and FPS can suit nicely

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

sounds like a horrible idea to me i hope this never happens.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

^^^

Its a horrible idea before too when CAPCOM shown the trailer of Umbrella Chronicles and realized that its a rail shooter, I remember what are the fans of Resident Evil back then...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

It wouldn't be an Umbrella Chronicles game. It would be one of the "official" games. I liked The Umbrella Chronicles a lot and would like it to start a whole new series of Resident Evil light gun games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

^^^

Thats not bad either as long as theyre not overmilking their casual franchise too much cough*rabbids*cough

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Nah. It'd be fine. I can't get enough of shooting zombies. LOL

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It would suck, I like RE UC very much the way it is. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

yushire said:
^^^

Its a horrible idea before too when CAPCOM shown the trailer of Umbrella Chronicles and realized that its a rail shooter, I remember what are the fans of Resident Evil back then...

There have been Resident Evil rail shooters before though (I don't think any are considered as good as UC though)

Personally RE4 is too much of a shooter in my opinion.... I loved the addition of Wii controls and the game is amazing, but I would like to see a proper Resident Evil again like RE1-3.

There were very few bits in RE4 that had you tensed up waiting for something huge to happen, most notably the first couple of minutes after entering the buildings on the Island, wheras REmake had me tense for the majority of the game, even when doing a second playthrough it made me assume something bad could still happen.

RE4 is a brilliant game (even better on Wii) but it isn't a proper survival horror IMO. Similarly I expect RE5 will be similar, in that it is going to be amazing for what it is, but not really similar to RE1.

I think perhaps part of the scarefactor might come from the lack of control you have in these games, yes there are zombies but they are not particularly scary in themselves, the fact that the controls in RE1-3 are clunky make it much scarier, and perhaps the fact you have very little control at all in REUC makes that scary (I haven't played it myself)