By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What ds rpg will be #1?

Dragon Quest IX will be a front runner for that certainly, and will most likely take it, solely on the strength of Japan.

With my prediction though, I'll go off the charts...........and select Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. A foolish pick.............quite possibly, lol.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
sc94597 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Well in Japan, DQ IX, I say with confidence.

Elsewhere, I don't know.

I say SE could port FFVII to the DS by the end of the year, but I think they are waiting for the 512MB DS carts (we already have 256MB carts).

Wait you mean FFVII? SOny fans would go crazy.

Edit: I would rather VI.

Well they remade III and IV for the DS, so I say VII-IX should be ported to the DS, and also given enhanced remakes on the PSP (they could just use the Crisis Core engine). 

Oh direct ports. What about VI though? I want Vi more than those. VII and IX are good , but I like VI better.

WHATS the POINT of porting FF7 to DS......no grfx update could be done....gosh people are in denial

FF6 remake for Wii is all I want right now....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
WHATS the POINT of porting FF7 to DS......no grfx update could be done....gosh people are in denial

That's even better.

YOu forgot Pokemon Platinum,......or Opal or whatever its called

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
YOu forgot Pokemon Platinum,......or Opal or whatever its called

No U.S/others release till 5 billion years from now, and it's just going to be the same as diamond and pearl with a few extras. Pokemon doesn't rate that high anyway. 

tch.....tch......oh well

ANyway I didn't even answer the question....LOL

I think World end With You will be the top rated one....DQ 9 top selling

are we talking about the number 1 selling? Because that will be DQIX
but if we're talking about the better game, The World Ends With You.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

darthdevidem01 said:

FFV and FFVI remakes could happen.

As for the point of porting FFVII, the graphics could be updated. The DS is more powerful than the PS1, so there could be some improvement. Yet even if not, there is a point to not changing the graphics, actually two: saving money, and giving fans the game they loved, just the chance to play it anywhere.

Yet for those who want more, that's why I stated it should also be remade for the PSP. That way fans have the choice of a newer version, or a portable form of the older one. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@LordOfTheKnight

but come on after the PS3 trailer of FF7 the fans want a HUGE grfx leap....I hope to God it doesn't go to PSP....I don't like the PSP

If I'm not mistake FFV Remake is coming out this summer in Japan....or is it DQ V??

I REALLY want the FF6 remake to go on wii as I want a truly EPIC RPG there....& thats what FF6 was.....it deserves a Wii Remake!!