By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you surprise that Ubi actually use 400-500 peoples to develop Wii games?

After Red Steel and Rayman, I've been disgusted about Ubisoft. Their politics are really crappy.

Around the Network

standards really are required for the Wii right now and Nintendo should make it known that it's companies like Ubisoft that have forced this on others and each game requires an approval to be released.

Maybe a trust rating could be in place where trusted devs could earn VIP status depending on certain factors that need to be earned (kinda like queue jumpers to get certain types of games out earlier) so Nintendo can incentivise the developers to really think about their Wii support.

Only then could the Ubisofts start thinking lets not burn all of our bridges as if and when the wii's userbase is that large that we really want to support it we aren't at the end of Nintendo's supported developers list.

Maybe 10 people for graphics, 10 for gameplay, 5 for sound and 475 to make coffee for the other 25.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Yojimbo said:
So much hate be glad that you atleast getting some exclusives.

Do you think Sony or Microsoft would want those exclusives for their system. If you saw the look on Miyamoto's face, I don't think Nintendo does either. 

What was the look on his face?

Was he there at Ubidays?

From Ubisoft's website:

Staff: More than 4,350 collaborators worldwide (more than 3,500 dedicated to production).

Considering these numbers 400-500 people working on Wii really isn't that much.

Around the Network

Maybe they are developing the new Rayman platformer on the Wii, but Rayman is useally multiplatform.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Man said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Yojimbo said:
So much hate be glad that you atleast getting some exclusives.

Do you think Sony or Microsoft would want those exclusives for their system. If you saw the look on Miyamoto's face, I don't think Nintendo does either.

What was the look on his face?

Was he there at Ubidays?

There's a picture of him, along with a bunch of the gaming press, as they look at the upcoming Dogz game. He does not look happy, neither does the gaming press. Even the girl doing the presentation looked embarrassed. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This is a little old....
Anyway, it is interesting to see that it will take 1.3m units for a PS360 games to be profitable (or was that AC?) though with games like GRAW 2 and RSV 2 it would likely be less as they used the same systems as the previous games

I lost my faith in Ubisoft when I learned that Red Steel production costs were around 10 million bucks. If you waste 10 m and deliver crap like that it is pretty clear you got no talent. They could not make a bug free game even if their lives were on the line.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Imthelegend said:
Maybe 10 people for graphics, 10 for gameplay, 5 for sound and 475 to make coffee for the other 25.

I was thinking of that,

ot: I don't know if I'll trust Ubisoft again for"Nintendo Quality" games.