By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prince of Persia Classic confirmed for June 13th release

It looks really good, anyone that hasn't seen the trailer for it should (It's an Xbox Live Arcade game but they've put a lot of effort into it, it looks amazing):

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=2843&s=l

Around the Network

Yeah, I'll probably buy it :)

meh, not for me.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Nice, I miss side scrollers, Hopefully this will be a trend for other classic remakes,.......dreaming of the possibilities. the coold thing with side scrollers/next gen, they do not require that much memorey, so you could get more levels, (more replay value, NICE!

Not only that, you could easily get online functionality on your favorite 2p games, ala TMNT and Double Dragon.

IMO, this is the way retro titles need to go - more and more arcade classics that feature 2p modes.

My 2 most-wanted XBLA titles are:
Virtu-On Cyber Troopers for DC/Sat (cant remember which)
Goldeneye 007 (with 4p online).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Not only that, you could easily get online functionality on your favorite 2p games, ala TMNT and Double Dragon.

IMO, this is the way retro titles need to go - more and more arcade classics that feature 2p modes.

My 2 most-wanted XBLA titles are:
Virtu-On Cyber Troopers for DC/Sat (cant remember which)
Goldeneye 007 (with 4p online).

I think Virtual-On was for the Saturn, initially (home console, of course in the Arcade first).

Are you saying these are your most wanted in a dream-like state, or are you stating they ARE coming, cause I have yet to hear anything about Goldeneye 007 ever making a reappearance. And, that would be HUGE news, me thinks.

I don't think I played the original so ill buy it if its good.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

HOly crap looks amazing

I remember playing the original PoP on an Apple II. (Yes, I'm that old)

Should be a fun to try the game again. Hopefully the new graphics will keep it fresh.

I'd also like to second the vote for "Virtual On" on XBLA.   That was a great game.