By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Crysis will be announced for PS3 @ 2008 E3

sc94597 said:
greenmedic88 said:
Ah, was it really that bad?

On the other hand, I just played it on medium settings at 1280x720, and if that's how it looked on the PS3 (not as good as Uncharted) I really don't see how any PS3 owner could get excited over that, even if it ran over 60fps, virtually glitch free.

I suppose it depends upon how well they could optimize Crysis to play on the console. If it was "the best looking game yet" on the platform, sure it could sell.

Are you serious. Crysis on low looks better than uncharted.

Those rocks look amazing. 

Around the Network

@SC

you haven't played uncharted so you can't make any judgments,,,unlike you, green medic has played both version and he thinks uncharted is better looking

sc94597 said:
greenmedic88 said:

On the other hand, I just played it on medium settings at 1280x720, and if that's how it looked on the PS3 (not as good as Uncharted) I really don't see how any PS3 owner could get excited over that, even if it ran over 60fps, virtually glitch free.

I suppose it depends upon how well they could optimize Crysis to play on the console. If it was "the best looking game yet" on the platform, sure it could sell.

Lol, way to beat your own point ;P Uncharted looks way better than Crysis in this comparison ;)

Rainbird said:
sc94597 said:
greenmedic88 said:

Lol, way to beat your own point ;P Uncharted looks way better than Crysis in this comparison ;)

Well yes uncharted might look better, but technically with draw distances like that crysis is more taxing. Also look at the trees, which look more real? Crysis'  or uncharted.

Here is a better example

I wouldn't be surprised, not at all. I think there's a fairly good chance they'll announce it but I can't be sure. They might as well not announce it and I wouldn't be surprised in that case either. However, they are working on something at the moment, that's for sure. I think they would have made an announcement if it was Crysis 2 so I think it's probably a PS3 version of Crysis. It won't be a straight port (they've said it would need changes) though.

As for what comes to an X360 version... I *think* Crysis is going to be a PS3 exclusive but there's a good chance of it coming to X360 too. After all, CryEngine 2 supposedly runs on both PS3 and X360.

Or maybe they'll just announce multiplatform Crysis 2. Or maybe they'll announce nothing.

EDIT: Oh, and Crysis looks terrible on low. Trust me, I've experienced it. It looks terrible because that's not the way it's meant to look like. Uncharted on the other hand looks great even on SDTV.

Around the Network

Well here is it on medium. So it would look pretty nice for a ps360 game.

Edit make sure you right click on the image and press view image to see it in full resolution. 

And someone could post a couple 1280x720 Uncharted screen grabs made via HDMI capture, but I don't see the point since anyone who's played the game extensively already knows how it looks.

It's partly because I played Crysis on high settings at 1920x1080 that when I downscaled the visuals to 1280x720 on medium it suddenly looked much less impressive and more on par with what's already been seen on the PS3 or 360.

Putting subjective opinions over visuals aside, I still had more fun playing Uncharted, which felt like Gears of War with improved controls, additional range of mobility for the player character, and the addition of action platforming.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument to say how Crysis would look on the PS3, since it hasn't been announced. If and when it is, we'll still have to keep waiting to see how well it's done, which isn't even a clear indicator of how well it could have been done if it doesn't provide some of the best visuals yet seen on the PS3. Hypothetically, if it looks worse than Uncharted, obviously it could have been done better (ie blame the developers, not the hardware).

Well I probably would not buy it (maybe rent it). I can only hope they will bring it to PS3 because I will not play it on my PC for years.

greenmedic88 said:
And someone could post a couple 1280x720 Uncharted screen grabs made via HDMI capture, but I don't see the point since anyone who's played the game extensively already knows how it looks.

It's partly because I played Crysis on high settings at 1920x1080 that when I downscaled the visuals to 1280x720 on medium it suddenly looked much less impressive and more on par with what's already been seen on the PS3 or 360.

Putting subjective opinions over visuals aside, I still had more fun playing Uncharted, which felt like Gears of War with improved controls, additional range of mobility for the player character, and the addition of action platforming.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument to say how Crysis would look on the PS3, since it hasn't been announced. If and when it is, we'll still have to keep waiting to see how well it's done, which isn't even a clear indicator of how well it could have been done if it doesn't provide some of the best visuals yet seen on the PS3. Hypothetically, if it looks worse than Uncharted, obviously it could have been done better (ie blame the developers, not the hardware).
I have both crysis and uncharted. I've played uncharted on a 42 inch 1080p hdtv with hdmi cables. It doesn't look better than crysis on medium, and looks somewhat better than it on low. .

sc94597 said:
greenmedic88 said:

I have both crysis and uncharted. I've played uncharted on a 42 inch 1080p hdtv with hdmi cables. It doesn't look better than crysis on medium, and looks somewhat better than it on low. .

I second this. I have both games and even at medium I would say Crysis is better looking than anything on a console save perhaps COD 4, assuming it looks almost as good on a console as it does on my gaming rig (on which I played through that entire game at a resolution of 1920X1200 MAX AA MAX AF).