By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Crysis will be announced for PS3 @ 2008 E3

BottledSpringWater said:
Did they announce Crysis for PS3 exclusively?
If not, how will the 360 compare to the PS3 version?

they said no 360 crysis port for now,,,and when they were asked for PS3 they did not comment.

so if it hits consoles it will hit PS3 around 6 months in advance. 

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:
No, chances are 20%,and the highest crysis could run is low-medium settings at 720p> 30fps.

the crysis developer confirmed that it can run close to high settings,,I will post the article in a sec

Edit:I can not find the article ,,so I might be wrong about near high setting for crysis,,,all i find is the cryengine 2(for farcry) will run at high settings on consoles.

Nope, i read it too. It was said that Crysis could run smoothly on PS3 at the highest settings. He then went on to talk some about utilizing the cell the help with running it or something, i forget i read it a month or two ago.

Does anyone else remember hearing about programmers with PS3 experience being recruted by crytech? I heard that as well but that may have been rumor

It'd be an awesome edition to the PS3 but after seeing the Farcry 2 vid for console ports I'm very doubtful it will run on high settings.

^it doesnt need to run on high settings as long as they port it good,but i dont think they will port it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Ssyn said:
It'd be an awesome edition to the PS3 but after seeing the Farcry 2 vid for console ports I'm very doubtful it will run on high settings

But Farcry 2 and Crysis are being made by different developers?

Around the Network
merkh66 said:
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:
No, chances are 20%,and the highest crysis could run is low-medium settings at 720p> 30fps.

the crysis developer confirmed that it can run close to high settings,,I will post the article in a sec

Edit:I can not find the article ,,so I might be wrong about near high setting for crysis,,,all i find is the cryengine 2(for farcry) will run at high settings on consoles.

Nope, i read it too. It was said that Crysis could run smoothly on PS3 at the highest settings. He then went on to talk some about utilizing the cell the help with running it or something, i forget i read it a month or two ago.

Does anyone else remember hearing about programmers with PS3 experience being recruted by crytech? I heard that as well but that may have been rumor

Well I can't just gooff what you guys say. I have to read the article, but this may be when everybody overestimated the ps3s power, and when all the CELLZ has POWERZ on everybody. Even kojima overestimated the cell. If it was recent then I guess it may be optimized to run near High Settings, but that would still be considered medium. I see the limited ram and old graphics card as a problem for it to run on high. 

merkh66 said:
Ssyn said:
It'd be an awesome edition to the PS3 but after seeing the Farcry 2 vid for console ports I'm very doubtful it will run on high settings

but theyre from the same publisher

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^it doesnt need to run on high settings as long as they port it good,but i dont think they will port it

well something that rose lot's of attention was their job posting for expert PS3 programers last year.

but I hope if it's ever announced, it would be scheduled for 09 release.

in fall 08 PS3 has too many shooters already:

Resistance 2

enhanced bioshock

soccom

farcry2

fallout 3(it's somewhat shooting) 

call of duty 5

brute said:
merkh66 said:
Ssyn said:

but that doesn't matter haha its the developers that make the games and determine how well they run

brute said:
merkh66 said:
Ssyn said:

no

farcry2:ubi

crysis:EA