By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom cooking something up Wii similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando

Link to him ever saying it will have extra content or have a marketing push. Sourceless information is not information at all on this website.

On RE5: They said RE games are a test for the franchise on the Wii, not for RE5 on the Wii. Would a new RE game be so bad? Why does it have to be RE5? Sure, people will scream "spinoff," but Code Veronica was a spinoff and arguably better than RE2 and RE3. A ground up game would be much better than a half-assed downgrade. Or, maybe even better, an all new horror franchise from them.

Around the Network

On top of that, KH3 needs to sell good on Japan and Wii is the only option.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

yushire said:
LOL NO, Kingdom hearts wont be on the Wii unless Disney forced them to. Which unlikely because Disney was too busy milking their movie franchise and their high school musical and Hanna Montanna thingy.

OR... Squeenix make it themselves, which also unlikely because theyre too clinge on the PS3. UNLESS which will happen soon that the Wii userbase was too many that HD consoles are too niche to develop for.

Square ENix can't make it their selves. They don't own the ip. Even if it was owned by square, I believe it would go to the wii. Disney will go wherever the money is, and the money for kh is on the wii. Go talk about it in the 10 page kh3 thread. 

Soriku said:
brute said:
Soriku said:
brute said:
Soriku said:
kitchen, click edit and then click post. It'll work after.

But either way, I doubt KH3 will be announced as soon as E3 anyway...

maybe in tokyo game show?

That's what I've ben saying the whole time :P

@Mahorosan

I am right. Disney is the one who decides where KH goes with some suggestions from SE since they are collaborating with them, but that's as far as SE's influence goes. Disney calls the final shots.

then it has a very big chance to go to Wii,but 360 has a shot since its very popular in the U.S

KH is never going to the 360. The 360 isn't even one of SE's "main" platforms plus Disney doesn't have very strong MS ties, unlike with Nintendo.

it could always be multi platform

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

trestres said:

what if SE want to make a KH in HD?

this of course will instantaneously rule out the Wii, so the only 2 options are the PS3 and 360, and seeing as 360 hasn't even sold a 1million in Japan, and the Japanese liking KH, then that rules out the 360 and just leaves the PS3.  

Also, Sony has recently said that they are going to re-evaluate buying exclusives, so again it could be a possibility that Sony will pay to keep KH exclusive on their platform, mind you this is just all my speculation and nothing more.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
LOL NO, Kingdom hearts wont be on the Wii unless Disney forced them to. Which unlikely because Disney was too busy milking their movie franchise and their high school musical and Hanna Montanna thingy.

OR... Squeenix make it themselves, which also unlikely because theyre too clinge on the PS3. UNLESS which will happen soon that the Wii userbase was too many that HD consoles are too niche to develop for.

Square ENix can't make it their selves. They don't own the ip. Even if it was owned by square, I believe it would go to the wii. Disney will go wherever the money is, and the money for kh is on the wii. Go talk about it in the 10 page kh3 thread.

REALLY? I thought Square did it themselves, never thought of that... No wonder there are too many franchise of Disney in that one game. I post before that Disney owned KH because of its characters are owned by Disney, never knew they owned the IP themselves. So Kingdom hearts the title itelf was copyright and trademark of Disney then?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

jake_the_fake1 said:
trestres said:

this of course will instantaneously rule out the Wii, so the only 2 options are the PS3 and 360, and seeing as 360 hasn't even sold a 1million in Japan, and the Japanese liking KH, then that rules out the 360 and just leaves the PS3.  

Also, Sony has recently said that they are going to re-evaluate buying exclusives, so again it could be a possibility that Sony will pay to keep KH exclusive on their platform, mind you this is just all my speculation and nothing more.

What matters more to people who get paid to do this.  Make a game in hd that will cost more? or Make more money and pay less? Also it's not owned by SE it's owned by disney.

Soriku said:
yushire said:

Square Enix doesn't own the KH IP. If you take all the Disney influence out of KH, then you basically have a FF game. Also, you act as if SE won't put any major franchises on the Wii (although it's not really a SE game =/).

Disney does have strong ties with Sony and it's Blu-ray format, seeing as they backed the blu-ray format very strongly when the format was was going on, so it's a possibility that these ties could lead to KH being made exclusively for the PS3, especially if their is money hats been thrown at them. 

jake_the_fake1 said:
trestres said:

More like wishful thinking. Besides, why would you want or speculate that, if you said you only owned a Wii??

Trolling much?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

jake_the_fake1 said:
Soriku said:
yushire said:

Square Enix doesn't own the KH IP. If you take all the Disney influence out of KH, then you basically have a FF game. Also, you act as if SE won't put any major franchises on the Wii (although it's not really a SE game =/).

Disney does have strong ties with Sony and it's Blu-ray format, seeing as they backed the blu-ray format very strongly when the format was was going on, so it's a possibility that these ties could lead to KH being made exclusively for the PS3, especially if their is money hats been thrown at them. 

And that has to do with video games?  Nintendo is more close to disney than sony, and they will make more money off the wii than the ps3.