By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii "Best Price" (Players' Choice) launches in Japan

From N Revolution:

"As tends to happen with any console which has been on the Japanese market for more than a year, the budget re-releases are about to arrive for Wii owners, and the first major title to go down this path into stingy gamers' collections is the awesome Biohazard 4: Wii Edition. Capcom will re-release the game as a 'Best Price' title on 31 May, with the retail price of this new version a piffling 3,140 yen. That's £15! More of these, please, publishers of Japan..."

No word on if/when the budget line is coming to the West. 

Around the Network

ahh yes hope this comes to america soon as us poor people like myself can't afford the full price ....

I wonder if RE4 will break the record for most re-release in the history of video game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

RE4 Wii Edition was supposed to be a budget title from the start wasn't it? :S

As expected, this is initiated by a company besides Nintendo. The Big N's new policies apparently preclude dropping the price on games, favoring instead to let them sink or swim by their own merits. While I'm sure that fans of budget gaming will hate that, Nintendo seems quite happy with it, since it means more money for them in the long run from people finally giving in and just getting the game anyway in spite of the $50 price tag. How long that will last depends largely on how well the tactic works, I suppose.

Whatever the case, bully for Capcom and here's hoping they use this line wisely as a "second chance" of sorts for games they previously didn't advertise so well, such as Zack and Wiki.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
I wonder if RE4 will break the record for most re-release in the history of video game.

That title has to belong to RE2, I have beat that game on PS2(only 1 of the 2 versions), N64 and DC.I have yet to complete it on GC but I have a copy.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

MrMarc said:
RE4 Wii Edition was supposed to be a budget title from the start wasn't it? :S

Amazon has the RRP listed as £39.99 and platinum, players' choice etc tend to be £19.99 I think.

CDiablo said:
kingofwale said:

That title has to belong to RE2, I have beat that game on PS2(only 1 of the 2 versions), N64 and DC.I have yet to complete it on GC but I have a copy.

you sure that title doesn't belong to Street Fighter 2 ?! It even released in virtual console and xblive >.> 

Nintendo is a money making machine.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Wonder when they will bring this here too. Player's choice games are very very nice.