By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Words Of Wisdom said:
Rath said:

You ignored my page showing there are more English speakers outside of America than in America didn't you?

Wait, you mean there are people outside of America? 

I saw one once. It came up to me and made noises but I couldn't understand. You also have to watch really carefully incase they nick your wallet.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
That Guy said:
so how to do you guys in the commonwealth sleep?

In america we denote the sleeping sound as "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

In Commonwealth nations, do you say I gotta go catch some Zeds? or do you go "zedzedzedzedzedzed"?

weird.

If I said "Mmmmmmmmm that smells nice" I wouldn't pronounce it as emememememem, infact what you say is like saying we are all supposed to pronounce things with every sound of the letter included, kinda like saying 'Hello' as 'Haycheelelo'.

In fact, I'll build off that, do you say "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" as "Zeezeezeezeezeezeezeezee" as you assume we'd say Zedzedzedzedzedzed....

Surely the point has been taken by now =)

What about the casual form of "Mother"?

I noticed that many English people say "mum" while in America we say "mom".

Personally I think "mum" sounds weird but that's just my opinion. :P

Zed. And Mum.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

I say the correct pronunciation is "zee" because "zed" doesn't actually fit in the alphabet with the sounds of the other letters where as "zee" shares the same sound as c, e, d, t, p etc.

Knowing that, I still call it a nissan 350zed though.

Around the Network

Zeta en español
Zee in english

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I say Zed. That's what we say in Australia.
I still some times say "Zee" but Zed is the proper way.

Q_A_X said:
The correct usage is that of the nation the language originated from.

So we should all be using zeta? Isn't that what this specific word originated as? :)

Edit: Zee btw. 

What I thought was strange was the first time I heard "Happy Christmas"! I was like WTF? It's "Merry Christmas!" you bastard! (at the tv screen of course ;-p )

I've always said Zee and I will always say Zee. Zed sounds strange...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

zee, i never heard of zed.

hello!

1 main 2 main 3 main