By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Videogame industry is backwards. Blockbusters are art, low budget isn't

@ssj12

yes I have....its not a "pinnacle" in any way & it has no right to stand toe to toe with some names he put up there...

Final Fantasy should be there instead of Killzone

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Lord of the rings & Titanic are I thin THE ONLY 2 MOVIES with a HIGH Budget that won LOADS of awards

darthdevidem01 said:
Lord of the rings & Titanic are I thin THE ONLY 2 MOVIES with a HIGH Budget that won LOADS of awards

That's his point.

darthdevidem01 said:

what? are you serious? StarWars? Narnia? 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

low budget games aren't art? umm.... have you ever heard of independent games? Games like The Blob, Gish, Everyday Shooter, flOw, AudioSurf, Darwinia, DEFCON, Eets, Chaos Theory, etc?

I'm sorry but your point about low budget games was just crushed completely.

But to completely destroy your argument. Hollywood movies tend to end up going into sequel hell. Independant Films are always new, different, low-budget, and pretty good. Even indie film's worst, for example Dragon Wars, beats the hell out of most of Hollywood's typical crap they put out.

I'm not sure if you were reffering to me or my post, but my point was that low budget games like Darwinia ARE the artistic side of it, not the high budget formulaic games that get praised as the height of the medium.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

also... Matrix?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
ssj12 said:

low budget games aren't art? umm.... have you ever heard of independent games? Games like The Blob, Gish, Everyday Shooter, flOw, AudioSurf, Darwinia, DEFCON, Eets, Chaos Theory, etc?

I'm sorry but your point about low budget games was just crushed completely.

But to completely destroy your argument. Hollywood movies tend to end up going into sequel hell. Independant Films are always new, different, low-budget, and pretty good. Even indie film's worst, for example Dragon Wars, beats the hell out of most of Hollywood's typical crap they put out.

You are really having a bad day when it comes to reading comprhension.

darthdevidem01 said:

Ben Hur and Cleopatra (the most expensive movie ever made)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ssj12 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

what? are you serious? StarWars? Narnia?

The first 3 Star Wars movies had low budgets to my knowledge.

@SSJ12

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan but dude....It DID NOT win LOADs of awards....& it didn't win any major awards...like best film...

@colonelstubbs

didn't know bout em

@KingOfWale

Well it definetely won special effects...apart from that dunno

But Titanic & LOTR both won Best Movie....thats HUGE for a mainstream film in the oscars