By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSM3 warns early MGS4 reviews are "B.S"

too early to call it "GOTY", but a good title for those who love the gameplay.

I personally probably wont' get it, I never liked stealth type games, so I will wait until a promotion of some kind so I can get it for cheaper.

Yes, I said it, feel free to mark me as MGS hater.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Early reviews are BS! I agree! Let's throw out Edge's review! Too low!

i'm getting it no matter what reviewers say.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Geez. You sony-fanboys are becoming as fanatic about MGS4 reviews as the Ninty-boys are about Zelda: OOT's score on Gamerankings.

Could someone explain to me the concept of "exclusive reviews"? They just seemed to pop up out of no where all of a sudden.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Could someone explain to me the concept of "exclusive reviews"? They just seemed to pop up out of no where all of a sudden.
Let's see if you work for IGN

you secure exclusive rights to review a game before anybody else get... in term, the developers probably demands a few things... likely , for example "the game should not get a score lower than 6"

So you go back, you play the game.... and if you think the game is a 5.... You go back and say "yeah, we give the game more than that"...

or, if you think it's good, then you say "okay, we have a deal"

you publish your review 2 weeks before anybody else does... it gains you hits on your website.

That's all.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Publishers send reviewers copies of the game along with free money, often gifts, a reviewers' guide that tells them to gloss over the game's shortcomings and often an agreement not to review below a certain score.They may reserve the right to disallow the review's publishing if they think it is too negative. Result: 10/10 for some mediocre games.

psrock said:
i'm getting it no matter what reviewers say.

Thats the spirit!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Soleron said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Publishers send reviewers copies of the game along with free money, often gifts, a reviewers' guide that tells them to gloss over the game's shortcomings and often an agreement not to review below a certain score.They may reserve the right to disallow the review's publishing if they think it is too negative. Result: 10/10 for some mediocre games.

Oh yeah?? name one. 

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
Soleron said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Oh yeah?? name one.

While that's an exagguration, this system definitely raises scores beyond what they would be without all the red tape.

In MGS4's case, exclusive rights for an early review came with further strings attached of not mentioning the cutscene length and install time, a minor contractual agreement which Edge magazine seemed to have shit all over in their review...