By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "MGS4 has two cutscenes nearing the 90 minute mark" - EDGE

Why doesnt he just get rid of the game stuff and make cgi movies.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Though Kojima isn't a genius like Lucas (or so he says) this should make it more interesting for me, since I won't actually be playing this game, but watching my brother play it (probably while playing my PSP) just because the story sounds so great, but I can't bare anything with stealth

very nice, but I hope you can pause them - just played MGS2 till the end and during the last cutscene I had to go to the toilett, but couldn't pause

libellule said:
FJ-Warez said:
Musouka said:
Here is what they said about the game (removed 2 points since they were near-spoilers):

- Not a game for MGS outsiders
- two cut-scenes near the 90 minute mark
- Camera flow effortless between 1st and 3rd person view
- Control system has "at last" the ideal balance of intuitvness and range.
- Game can be played for months rather than days.
- MGS4 is not the game it could of been, nor the game it should have been if you believed the early trailers (??)
- But is very faithful to its fans and delivers without equal in so many ways

Source (possible spoilers inside)

Well for one side is sort of bad, is almost the lenght of a movie... but since is just for fans...

The second point I think is about the graphics, the early trailers are CGI, the new ones are in-game, and there is a clear difference...

About the "early trailers", I assume they are referring to trailer that were showing Snake fighting more solider in a extended war zone bigger and larger than the street zone that will offer MGS4.

Link please... but I´m still thinking about the graphics...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@okedokey

WHY?

well because thats what I LIKE about MGS Series..

The HUGE cinematic cutscenes and the awesome gameplay all mixed together

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Uh oh, this shall ruin my first day purchase. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

..or not

@Lafiel,

Yes, while the length of cutscenes don't really bother me (since I simply skip them after the first time through the game), it would be nice to be able to be able to pause a cutscene if I wanted to take a break and not miss a cutscene.

Still, I've mainly used the cutscenes as a chance to get up and do something real quick rather than pausing the game.

The FMVs are some of the most memorable moments of the recent FF games (think of Bevelle, sliding down ropes off the side of the air ship! I am just about to get to that point, and I am getting very excited, as that is the most memorable part of the game IMO, just because that scene was overflowing with awesomeness)

Looks like the Metal Gear Solid movie will be easy to make.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@munkeh111

but MGs isn't just about stealth....especially this one cus the controls have changed

you should try it out

{sigh I should be revising maths}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MGS is not a game, it`s a STORY with gameplay elements.
After 10 years since first metal gear solid, people should already know that.
MGS4 was made for 4-5 mln. MGS fans, not for those 200-300k accidental people which will buy this game, and might even like it. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far