By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "MGS4 has two cutscenes nearing the 90 minute mark" - EDGE

Shutup geenie. You're blatantly trolling.

Also do you think that if Kojima released an animated movie called MGS5 anyone would notice? 3 hours of movies in two cutscenes is completely batshit insane. I may have to try this game out (never clocked a MGS despite owning the first one) just to see what the hell somebody does with a 90 minute cut scene.

Around the Network

I'll be honest, the cutscenes are frickin long.

But it gets a pass since it's a Kojima game.

.Geenie. said:
DTG said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YAY!

Just what I wanted..

Why....?

Why would anyone want that?

I was falling asleep just listening to that old guy talk about "tanks with legs" in MGS3, and that lasted less than 15 minutes.

I'm not a huge fan of the games though I guess....but still. Don't you think that's a bit much?

That's because the cutscenes in MGS3 save a few were slightly boring should I say. But the ones in MGS2 were far more gripping even after 40 minutes of exposition and I think MGS4 will have the same kind of dialogue. 90 minute cutscenes for me is exceptional, MGS is the pinnacle of video game storytelling for a reason.

yh to distract you from the bad graphics and crappy gameplay

Yeah that's exactly why it didn't get lower than a 8. Dumbass.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Great news :D

Kojimanation begins on the 12th of June :D

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network

Isnt 1,5 hours cutscenes way too much?? and there are two of then, granted one of them is problably the endscene.

Xenosaga for example are one of my favorite game/s and they have alot of cutscenes also but none of them are that long, even if I did find the cutscenes to be great for the storytelling I did sometimes get annoyed when they where longer then 10 minutes.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Why on earth would anybody want this in a game? That's the length of a movie. I thought the purpose of games was to play games not watch them. Metal Gear fans are a strange breed.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I think this proves yet again that MGS series is not for casual or people with A.D.D

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Rath said:
Shutup geenie. You're blatantly trolling.

Also do you think that if Kojima released an animated movie called MGS5 anyone would notice? 3 hours of movies in two cutscenes is completely batshit insane. I may have to try this game out (never clocked a MGS despite owning the first one) just to see what the hell somebody does with a 90 minute cut scene.

I think this game obviously isn't for you then. Many fans appreciate the cutscene length, in fact there is an entire thread on gamefaq's taking signitures from people who are excited and joyful from the 90 minute cutscene news.

It's an aquired taste for sure and most players won't appreciate the incredibly long and self indulgent cinematics, but this is a game for the longtime hardcore fans who loved each game in the series, including the controversial MGS2. Personally I'm glad Kojima didn't sell out his vision in exchange for enormous profits this last game could and will report. His vision is unique and controversial, but he knows no compromise regardless of critical response and that is something to respect about him and the MGS series.

just skip it, that is all.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)