By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

RolStoppable said:
Did I say Greece?

Oh sorry, my bad. It just looked like Greece playing. You know, nine players surrounding the penalty area while the one player left waits for balls coming in his direction.

that was quite a diss, and i agree with you!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Thanks for the info Rol, and have fun with the German commentary.

It only took until the 87th minute for the commentary to start talking positive about Austria. I guess he realized that anything else he would say would be nothing more than a pure lie. Overall, a pretty embarassing performance from Greece.

Well, at least he changed at some point during the game, were you watching ZDF? I only watched parts of the game, but our commentaty said Austria deserved an equalizer. But this game has never been fair, so better luck next time.

TBH, I feel the pain of the Swiss and Austrians. "we were so close", "damn penalty", "opponent played destructive football", "frigging divers!" etc.

The party just barely started and the hosts are already gone. Lol...

Next up:

Watch the Polish partisans get run over by the Wermacht.

Slimebeast said:
Next up:

no way, poland is going to win =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Next up:

A bit overconfident?

Germany has failed to win a match in the last two EC's.

A win would be good enough. 

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:.

Well, what surprised me the most during the first half is how biased the German commentary is.

Forget this commentator, Rol. He's a former track-and-field athlete and one of the worst football commentators we have in Germany (he's still allowed to comment as he's a former Leiter ZDF Sportredaktion - the commentaries are his Zuckerl for being downgraded to a Redakteur). I think today he just expected too much from the Austrian team and that's why some of his improper comments sounded biased to you. Actually he doesn't know much about football.

Just like the Czech team yesterday, the Croatian team was too nervous and could not deploy its full potential.

And just like the Swiss team yesterday, the Austrian team was too harmless in the penalty area.

A very fragmented game. Although the penalty was correct, the win for Croatia was lucky in the end.

----- 

Oh, the GER: POL game starts with early chances on both sides.

Ugh....I hate Turkisch people;....I had to sleep at the Police office because I was not nice for them yesterday;.....Two boring matchers today cuz their will be no fights over here :(;

But tomorow will be nice :).

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Well, at least he changed at some point during the game, were you watching ZDF? I only watched parts of the game, but our commentaty said Austria deserved an equalizer. But this game has never been fair, so better luck next time.

Yeah, I was watching ZDF. Good luck to you as well, I hope your team qualifies for the quarter finals. You and Romania.

Well, it won't be easy. But we haven't gone out at the group stages for ages, so at least history is in our favour.

Group C is a group where I believe every team can be the first one, yes even Romania :).