By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

okr said:
Esmoreit said:

okr said:

I would rather see the Swiss win then Germany. Ever. Germany can suck it - hard.

I don't understand what you mean with your last sentence, but I can tell you that I only wish that the German team wins if they play convincing and good.

I just wrote that I witnessed 2 of Germany's 3 titles (as well as both titles for France, one for the Netherlands, one for Denmark, one for Greece).

I always hope that the team, which impresses me the most during the group phase, wins the European title.

(In contrast to the World Cup, where my continental favour is pre-determined: as I love sub-Saharan African football nearly as much as Brazilian I hope since 1982 that I see an African team win the world title - maybe 2010).

Anyway: I hope we see good games and a deserved winner.

I'm Dutch, that should be telling enough ;).

This night I hopped on a British CoD4 server. Some guy from Aberdeen got on and they started discussing the premier league.

I busted in, asking why they weren't discussing the upcomming UEFA matches and as soon as I hit enter, I remembered :d. What followed was total outrage at the English team performance. I also had great fun off course :D.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

England failed to qualify for Euro 2008. I have no interest in this tournament. No England. No Brazil. No Argentina.
World Cup 2010 will be huge.

BTW: France or Italy will win Euro 2008.

Are you even trolling football threads now?  Just kidding.

Today it starts! Switserland - Chech Republic (18:00 cet)

Portugal - Turkey (20:45 cet)

just a few more hours now guys!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

GO GO GERMANY!!!!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

First match over, 1-0 for Czech Republic. I only watched the first part, it was pretty boring. Was the second part any better?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

It was not boring, it was a very interesting game. The Swiss team was slightly better overall and they deserved at least a tie, but they were too harmless (and in some scenes just unlucky) in the penalty area.

The Czech defense was excellent and the key to their win.

Was really rootin for the Swiss here, they played better overall and deserved the opposite result, although I hated their backup captain Mignin or somethin like that, he kept diving and being an idiot in general.

Portugal Vs Turkey

Go C. Ronaldo =))

any predictions?

Just watched the Swiss...they were very unlucky to have turned up at a basketball match instead of a football match. Ive never so many handballs (from the dirty czechs)

Portugal on now....they would be fools not to win this.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Im gonna go out on a limb and predict a 1 : 1 draw fo Purtugal Turkey... however Ronaldo wont get the goal 0_o