By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Info On The New PS3 Controller

Diomedes1976 said:
redspear said:
jjseth said:
And where did Nintendo steal most of those things? ;) None of the big 3 game companies "invented" any of that.

OK show me another controller that looks like a Wiimote before it came out. While you are at show me a controller which has a pointing mechnism like the Wiimote.

Take a look at this.The XaviX console ,released  1.5 years prior to the Wii.Its in spanish ,but at least you will se the photographies.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm

I can't see any controller in those pictures that look like the wiimote, and I also can't see any sort of pointing mechanism.......can you point them out for me?

Around the Network

Well there won't be any hypocrisy from this Sony fan. If they bring out something like this I shan't be touching it. These forms of input are shallow and unsophisticated (in terms of complexity of gameplay). Added to that, or perhaps because of that, they bore me. Looking forward to the release of DualShock 3 in Europe, if it ever happens.

^^ you cant really say that a cotroler bores you, its the games created for this controler that should be deciding whether or not you like the feel, style etc

Looks familars. kinda like the old dreamcast controllers or something....?

But seriously is this real ( i know the one above is fake)

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

@ sicllian - i cant see your pic

Around the Network

WHAT? FIRST XBOX 360, NOW PLAYSTATION 3? WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO COPY THE WII??? NO ONE IS GOING TO REPLACE ITS SUCCESS!

redspear said:
jjseth said:
And where did Nintendo steal most of those things? ;) None of the big 3 game companies "invented" any of that.

OK show me another controller that looks like a Wiimote before it came out. While you are at show me a controller which has a pointing mechnism like the Wiimote.

Actually, I have a Philips CD-i 220, the video game console that couldn't (it's the one with those awful Zelda games), has a wireless controller, with a pointing mechanism like the wiimote. How do I know? Because I have every single console in the Universe, and I have three wiimotes, and one of those CD-i controllers, and they both have that pointing mechanism. Cool, huh? But still, PS360 should not be copying the Wii. It's just wrong.

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Philips_CDI.jpg

That's the best picture I could find. I would take a picture of mine, with my camera, but I just really don't want to. Oh, and the CD-i counts. Even though it failed against the others, miserably, it's still a gaming console, because Wikipedia says so, and don't give me crap that Wikipedia isn't a perfect source. I know it's not, but obviously, reasons for it, not being so, would not be that it states the CD-i is a gaming console, because unassailably, it is. So there you have it. There is no true wiimote that came out before, but this CD-i controller is the closest thing.

The CD-i controller feels really cool. Wait a second. It's nothing like the wiimote. There's like this circular thumb pad you press in a circular direction, that sends the signal through infrared. You don't just wave it around. It's kind of similar, but nothing like it. Huh. Okay. Scratch that. I'm posting this anyways, because for damn's sake, I spent so much time writing it, I don't want it to go to waste, even if it's wrong.

Oh, and seriously. X-mote, and PS3mote? (Sigh)... No... 

PS360ForTheWin said:
read the article, thats not what the PS3mote they claim to have tested is supposed to look like.

Knowing Sony, that's probably what it will look like. They copied themselves with the Dualshock 3, and that was bad. But copying Nintendo? No... But I'd laugh if it actually looks like that.

First off, all the pics of the PS3 and 360 remotes are concept artwork from people who have no clue what it's going to look like, so don't use those to complain.

Second, why complain? Do you own Nintendo stock? More options are better for the consumer.

The three consoles are very similar (from a big picture point of view). They all plug into a TV, the all have analog sticks, they all use optical media, they all connect to the internet.

They didn’t think all these up at the same time. One company comes up with an improvement, and everyone copies it. It’s the way things have been from the days of Pong.

I only hope that these WiiMote things don’t become the only controllers in the future. For some games they are great, but for others, I would rather have a traditional controller.