By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Info On The New PS3 Controller

This picture has never been more right than now:

And that applies to Microsoft too. I mean, seriously, I expect all 8th generation consoles to have motion sensing... but NOW? I mean, this generation? MS and Sony are already struggling on trying to compete with each other, as they are no competition for Nintendo, but with this stuff and the X-Mote it seems they are risking what they already have (their fanbase)

Sony doesn't knows that Sony fans despise the Wii mote?  Don't they know that Sony fans adore the Dual Shock?

Around the Network

That picture ^ is hilarious...and soooo true lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

And where did Nintendo steal most of those things? ;) None of the big 3 game companies "invented" any of that.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
And where did Nintendo steal most of those things? ;) None of the big 3 game companies "invented" any of that.

OK show me another controller that looks like a Wiimote before it came out. While you are at show me a controller which has a pointing mechnism like the Wiimote.

redspear said:
jjseth said:

OK show me another controller that looks like a Wiimote before it came out. While you are at show me a controller which has a pointing mechnism like the Wiimote.

Lightgun, it's a pointing device just like the wiimote, it may use different technology but it's a pointing decive regardless.

Around the Network

Don't want the remote but i'll take a paintball game for $40.

read the article, thats not what the PS3mote they claim to have tested is supposed to look like.

fazz: the difference is that it'll just be another option. It basically replaces the mouse as a pointer (I still just want KB/mouse support for FPS, even if it's just from PC ports). Sixaxis is already doing motion control. A controller that has both grips and can be used like the Wiimote would be best. That's why the Wiimote has to hae a classic controller for some games. It isn't perfect by any means.

redspear said:
jjseth said:

Take a look at this.The XaviX console ,released  1.5 years prior to the Wii.Its in spanish ,but at least you will se the photographies.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm

As for the news ,it could be very good for Sony if it was included with the console from some point on.Also ,most games should offer two control sets ,one with the new controller and also classic settings.Not so hard to do.

But it should improve the Wiimote performance and potential ,as that one is half-baked.