By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - which series will be the top selling this gen?

Rock_on_2008 is clearly joking i am really surprised so many people take him/her (who am i kidding) him serious, if you just look at most his posts you will see hints of sarcasm

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

If counting Wii Sports hen Wii series for sure.

If not counting it, but all Marios are together (I would seperate kart, sports, rpg and platform titles) it could be close between all Mario and Wii (minus Am/Eu sports)

I made a thread about predicting the Wii Franchise's total sales, http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=14326.

People are predicting 120-200M for it, and some even more.

Mario sales are huge this generation, it has reached 25,3M on Wii, and has no intention of slowing down (PS: SSBB not counted, only games with Mario in the title).

On DS it has sold 42M, bringing the total so far up to 77.3M!

The Wii franchise is currently at 40,6M. Only counting titles that start with Wii and are made by Nintendo (no MKWii or BBA Wii).

For a comparison, Final Fantasy sold 21.3M last generation. GTA sold 50.3M and Mario 57.3M. MGS sold 9.53

Another good seller this generation is Sonic, which is currently at 10M, just with Wii and DS million sellers. Guitar Hero is at 9.7M for the generation. Call of Duty has sold 13.34M, and could CoD5 and more 4 sales end at 20M +.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

The Halo series!!!!

Pokemon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

pokemon

Imagine Series for the win

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Dare I say it. Mario series there is too many of them on the Wii and DS.

I would love to say Final Fantasy series because it deserves that title.

Really? What final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed.

FF XIII, FF XIII Versus, FF XIII-2 and FF XIV.

I have not played those four PS3 exclusives yet they have not been released but they would each be great perfect scores games I would have to give them each perfect 10 out of 10's. Those FF games would each sell millions of copies.

Lol, lemme guess because they will be on the ps3. Wow such fanboyism. A real fan of the series plays the games before judging them.

sorry but PS3 FF games on another level compared to the DS ones. Don't even compare. 

---

Sorry champ, the best FF games were for the SNES

scottie said:
Sorry champ, the best FF games were for the SNES

You mean game? FFVI yeah. I dont' even like the FF series that much, but i enjoyed FFXII the most because it didn't have an ancient "hopefully to be extinct" battle system. So FFXII>All.

---