By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My PC is infected

but there is so much stuff on it where do you start i tunes (my daughters i may add. )photos. i really dont want to do that and then you buy the latest anti virus and it isnt worth a s**t.
these viruses are really nasty and i just hate giving in to some creep with nothing better to do than this sort of thing.
sorry for the mini rant but you know what i mean.

Around the Network

thanks for the help folks maybe i will do what you say and reload windows

Yeah. McAffee blows. I use Avast! now. It works better... and is free.

Avast and Spybot for me. Combine that with Firefox with Adblocker and NoScript and the common sense not to download dodgy attachments on emails and you've got a surprisingly well protected PC.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I use AVG and Spybot and Zonealarm (a firewall) and they're really good. Could you give me a detailed description of what the virus is doing? Maybe I can find out how to get rid of it...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

double post. sorry

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I found these instructions on a website. I'm not sure if they will work, but you could try it.

press ctrl+alt+del
locate and terminate the process ctfmonb.exe
search the hard disk and delete the following files
blackster.scr
ctfmonb.exe

Edit: Someone else posted this in response to the first question:

" What noe provided in the 1st response fixed my issues as well. I'll copy/paste the 1st method that I used. Thanks noe!

Note: the file ctfmonb.exe did not exist in my processes. I did have ctfmon.exe (missing "b") and I removed that. Everything has been working fine! "

Hope it works for you 

If that doesn't work, reformat.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Retrasado said:

I found these instructions on a website. I'm not sure if they will work, but you could try it.

press ctrl+alt+del
locate and terminate the process ctfmonb.exe
search the hard disk and delete the following files
blackster.scr
ctfmonb.exe

Edit: Someone else posted this in response to the first question:

" What noe provided in the 1st response fixed my issues as well. I'll copy/paste the 1st method that I used. Thanks noe!

Note: the file ctfmonb.exe did not exist in my processes. I did have ctfmon.exe (missing "b") and I removed that. Everything has been working fine! "

Hope it works for you 

tried that wont work thanks anyway

reask