By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Deal : $299 ($399 40GB + $100 Gift Card) at Wal-Mart

whatever said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:

Note that this isn't a PS3 for $299, it's a PS3 for $399 where you get a $100 gift card after purchase (meaning you can't use it on the PS3).

But as Matt said, Wal-Mart is a grocery store too (though their quality on fruit and veggies sucks) so it might as well be cash. Just make sure you're ready for a $399 hit in the wallet and not a $299.

Good find!

Actually you couldn't.

It's a Blu-Ray Gift card.

This means you can only use it on Blu-Ray movies/games.

On walmart.com it doesn't say anything about it being Blu-Ray.

Both sources above specify Blu-Ray, I bet it is because that makes more sense.  They move both flavors of inventory that aren't selling.

Around the Network

The actual Walmart link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?dest=9999999997&product_id=10039674&sourceid=18670534461055654194

simply shows a walmart.com $100 gift card (online only). I would trust this more than the other links.

AFAIK the "blu-ray" gift card can be used for anything at wal-mart, if someone has proof otherwise i'd like to hear it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

The confusion probably came because it's a "blue box" online gift card, not a blu ray gift card.

I have the sale paper right here(plus Im department manger of electronics)and I tell you its for blue ray only lol. Ofcourse this online deal is diff to the ones that is run instore. The instore runs from june the 1 to june the 7 while the online runs at a diff date. The online special gift card can only be used online to. Hope this clears things up.

Around the Network

Edit: Others have said it, no need to be redundant. It's not just Blu-Ray.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

oh, its a blu ray gift card.

In that case delete my previous prediction above. Being that it is limited as such it won't drive as much business as I was thinking.

If Wal-mart makes this deal widely known, I believe they could potentially move a lot of PS3s. Yeah, a person has to front the $399 initially, but it's easy to spend $100 and more on a new controller, games, etc.

EDIT: if it's a Blu-ray-only card, then the effect would be much less, but could still be quite an effect in NA... we're talking about Walmart, here.

This is for online shopping only. I'm a brick-and-mortar sort of guy, so I wouldn't do it, but I'm sure there are plenty who would. And I can't find anywhere that it says it's Blu-ray only... just Blue-Box.

I just see Blue Box Online Gift Card. I also read the fine print and didn't see a thing about Blu-ray movies. Only restriction was must be used online at walmart.com or samsclub.com.

This looks like the deal I have been waiting for
Thanks for the heads up I'm probably gonna buy it!

I just wist the deal was through Sams Club, instead of Walmart, Sams Club warranty/returns is better than Walmart.