By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot gives MGS4 10/10 (possibly)

This was posted on another forum a while ago. Apparantly the review was up for about 2 minutes before it was quickly taken down again. It looks legitimate to me but I'm not sure; it's an incredible score. 

Around the Network

"Forgot everything else, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece."

Er... usually Gamespot doesn't make typos in the 2nd sentence of the review preview... nor are they likely to say something like "Is by far the best game we've played this generation."  That's the way a fanboy talks.  A (good) reviewer keeps things open and says at most "One of the best."

gamespot have tooken down reviews before, id expect them to give it over 9.5 it must be killing them its on ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

They also updated their Haze review:

To Each Man, Responsibility

Someone at Gamespot is getting thumped. I'll guess that someone just screwed up.

I give this thread a 9.3.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

looks like a good photoshop job

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
looks like a good photoshop job

Than...err...what do you mean photoshop?  thats just a screenshot!

To Each Man, Responsibility

1. When did Gamespot become reputable again?
2. If they really had access to the review, they would have posted the review, not a picture of the front page.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
naznatips said:

"Forgot everything else, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece."

Er... usually Gamespot doesn't make typos in the 2nd sentence of the review preview... nor are they likely to say something like "Is by far the best game we've played this generation." That's the way a fanboy talks. A (good) reviewer keeps things open and says at most "One of the best."

Actually, I don't think that's a typo. There was a Konami rep standing next to the reviewer with a handful of bills and a stripper that's eager to please.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Forgot they had diff boxart than U.S.

This is most likely photoshopped but I hardly care due to it being a shitty review site to begin with.