By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First 18 Minutes Of The New Metal Gear Solid Digital Comic

From the new PSP Graphic Novel. Coming out on DVD:

Here is the description from Play-Asia:

"The legendary infiltration mission completed by Solid Snake is made into a film. This is not an anime or comic strip but a digital moving illustration collection drawn by Ashely Wood and is completely voiced, in Japanese, by a star studded cast of seiyuu. including the famous Ootsuka Akio who plays Snake.

The events in this DVD come from Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. These two stories fill the link between MGS and MGS4. The plot features what Solid Snake is doing during Raiden's act.

The package includes a fully voiced upgraded version of Metal Gear Solid 1: Bande Dessinee. The story from Metal Gear Solid lasts for about two hours while the one from Metal gear Solid 2 lasts for 3 hours, totaling up to 5 hours of screen time. Aside from the high volume of high quality illustrations, the package comes with a special disk to commemorate the oncoming release of Metal Gear Solid 4 and all of these are contained in steel case drawn by Ashely Wood
"

So how are they going to fit 5 hours on a DVD?

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network

Dunno, but I'm buying it.

Bande Dessine on the PSP was excellent as it was, and this will be even better.

PSN - hanafuda

blu-ray wil easily fit it on, if you are getting mgs4 you have a ps3 so theres no worries

simonutd said:
blu-ray wil easily fit it on, if you are getting mgs4 you have a ps3 so theres no worries

From what I read this is a DVD only release.

No Blu-ray, and no PSP version. 

PSN - hanafuda

Hmm, I remember reading on Kotaku that it is coming to the PSP. I misread that, but the way it was written seems to imply that it was coming to the PSP.

But you are right, I could only find the DVD version. But you can always rip the DVD and put it on ther PSP

Around the Network

Originally it was due on PSP, but seems like they scrapped the idea. I guess full voice meant the data was too big for one UMD.

Sure, you could rip this to a PSP, but the first release of MGS had a bunch of interactive stuff too. Clearly that will be canned for these new DVDs.

PSN - hanafuda

ive never heard of this,will it also come out on blu-ray

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Metal Gear Solid: DGN for psp was amazing. I expect the same from this since it has voice over too. Hope they do a american version too.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

The video clip posted above is actually ripped from the freebie DVD that comes with this week's Famitsu. I picked up the mag and the DVD today.

I have to say I'm not so sure if I'll be buying the DVD now. There is one condition - if you can turn off the speech bubbles with the English text, then I'll get it, but if not, then I'll pass.

Now that there is full speech there is no reason at all for the text bubbles, and they just get in the way, spoil the artwork, and it is really weird to have Japanese VAs and English text. Really don't like it. Not only that but the English translation is really jokey and not good at all. 'Wow, these are some funky duds that R and D gave me'. Uuuuggghhh.

Really hoping there is an option to turn the text off...

PSN - hanafuda

I don't think you will be able to... they seem to be part of the artwork.

The reason they are in English is because the comics are done by Ashely Wood