By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - do you think there will be a time when you can game no more?

do you think there will be a time when you can game no more?

In 3 years I will graduate high school, and be on my way to a military college (I want to go in as an officer so I get paid a bunch more, and also I'll be in a higher position)

Anyway, thinking about that got me thinking; my dad used to be a huge gamer, until I was born. Sure, he played occasionally, teaching me Doom when I was 5, but over time his gaming stopped. He was too busy, or wanted to do something else (like watch TV, read, or study board games) I assume. I think the same thing could happen to me, but I've been engulfed my gaming culture so much, for so long now.

You think there will be a time when you can game no more?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I'm sure that when my wife pops out a few puppies that my gaming time will be greatly reduced but I doubt that I'll ever stop gaming entirely.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I don't think so, maybe when I'm dead

Yeah, I think maybe in 4 or 5 years when my career begin to pick up momentum, then... maybe.

Right now I seriously can't imagine quiting, but, when i'm adult enough, and have responsibilities, that will change.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

The average gamer is in their 30s. I just cannot imagine ever quiting. Gaming was fun at 5 and it was still fun at 25. I've seen people 55 and 75 game and have fun doing it. Why ever stop?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

No I dont think so... I will have always time for gaming

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I don't really have time for long games like RPGs any more, so I find myself playing more action and puzzle games, things I can hop in and out of like Boom Blox and Wii Fit. At some point I'll have less free time, but then when I'm old as hell and retired, if I live that long, I'll have some catching up to do, and play games and watch movies and read books and listen to music for about 20 hours a day for a decade or so until I croak.

I doubt it. It's such a huge part of my life now...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't really have time for long games like RPGs any more, so I find myself playing more action and puzzle games, things I can hop in and out of like Boom Blox and Wii Fit. At some point I'll have less free time, but then when I'm old as hell and retired, if I live that long, I'll have some catching up to do, and play games and watch movies and read books and listen to music for about 20 hours a day for a decade or so until I croak.

I know you dont have time... still waiting on my Dr Mario rematch

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989