By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN UK Review: MGS 4 = 9.9 out of 10

Game Reviewers get exclusive copies to review games and create hype for games weeks before the games are released.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Game Reviewers get exclusive copies to review games and create hype for games weeks before the games are released.
I know that but still it might be better to review it the last week. The game have been hype way to early in my eyes since march.

Yojimbo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I know that but still it might be better to review it the last week. The game have been hype way to early in my eyes since march.

Halo 3 was hyped like for years since it was announced.

3 months hype of MGS 4 is not as bad as two years hype of Halo 3. 

PooperScooper said:
brute said:
PooperScooper said:
brute said:
^actually no it still wouldnt be a 90+,but no one will give it a 0

Out of 14 scores the avg is 97% 97*14/15 = 90.5

really 14 reviews?metacritic only lists 1 review

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27840

And then users listed 3 more on the second page that havent been added yet and this one.

So now 15 reviews!

oh ok that clears things up

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The lasting appeal should also be a 10.... since it DOES come packaged with MGO as a multiplayer mode.... just say'in....

but 9.9 is a kinda decent score... i guess...

Around the Network

9.9? No perfect 10s all around? Meh, not interested anymore.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Yojimbo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Halo 3 was hyped like for years since it was announced.

3 months hype of MGS 4 is not as bad as two years hype of Halo 3.

First time we as something from MGS4 were E3 2005 since then they have showed alot of trailers. I mean they showed up the bundle in march and since then alot trailers/gameplays. They should have started the big hype train in maj instead. The first review came out  may 1th way to early.

Faxanadu said:
9.9? No perfect 10s all around? Meh, not interested anymore.

I'm in the same boat as you. Pre-order cancelled.

^9.9 out of 10 is in my eyes perfect score. Round it up = 10 out of 10.

Rock_on_2008 said:
^9.9 out of 10 is in my eyes perfect score. Round it up = 10 out of 10.

No excuses Rock08, 9.9 is a mediocre score at BEST. MGS4 ain't what it's cracked up to be after all, i mean seriously? ONLY a 9.9/10? pssshh, don't want. /end sarcasm