By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shaun White snowboarding using the Cruisin' USA engine confirmed!

Yushire, Nintendo's video and image capture systems since the N64 have sucked. They capture at low res jpg and poor quality mpeg for video. Add in compression for the Internet from sites like IGN and Nintendo games online will always look much worse than they are.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Well, to be honest, I was also looking at the person using the balance board for control than just the video. Yes, I've seen better graphics, but snowboarding on the board is going to be much cooler than pushing two analog sticks around, period.

I hope TP's start concentrating on getting good visuals on the Wii, but I'm even more interested that they got the controls right. The controls are the Wii's seeling point, not the graphics. Although these graphics do look like Ubi is more than a bit lazy, maybe they put the time and resources in to control, which could make this a win in the long run.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

This doesn't look like a N64 game (unlike Crusin') but it does look like it was developed by a team with inexperienced texture artists and bad modelers ...

Back in the day you would see good modders of games like Unreal Tournament produce models with 450 polygons and 96x96 pixel textures which were similar in appearance to what an average modder could produce using a 600 polygon model and a 160x160 pixel texture; and a bad modder would require 800 polygons and a 256x256 pixel texture.

Quite possibly this game could look so badly because it wasn't really designed to run on the Wii. I don't really know the history of this game but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the port of an average PS2 game, or if they downgraded an XBox 360/PS3 game and the visuals demonstrate how inefficient they game ends up being.

Viper1 said:
Yushire, Nintendo's video and image capture systems since the N64 have sucked. They capture at low res jpg and poor quality mpeg for video. Add in compression for the Internet from sites like IGN and Nintendo games online will always look much worse than they are.

AH OK, thanks for the heads up, I shouldnt judge the game on the screens and videos then. Say goodbye to this thread then I'll not post on this thread anymore, I dont want to fuel more flames here...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed that Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n are too different games. Cruis'n USA was a launch title for the N64 and look great back then. Speaking of N64, 1080 snowboarding on N64 looked better than this.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Godot said:
Am I the only one that noticed that Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n are too different games. Cruis'n USA was a launch title for the N64 and look great back then. Speaking of N64, 1080 snowboarding on N64 looked better than this.

Correct on all accounts.

The rEVOLution is not being televised