By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am truly annoyed at the wii

SleepWaking said:
*~Onna76~* said:
xenophon13 said:
no i think you are right sky render. it seems like the cost of making games is sky rocketing out of control expecially on the 'hd' consoles...

Back then I paid about 120 Guilders for a PSX game, which is about 55 Euro, over 70USD. PS3 games cost now about 60-70 Euro. Most are 60 Euro, which is about 80USD. That's only 5 Euro more than 2 generations ago. Of course its too much for me as I like to buy a lot of games, a whole lot more than I did 10 years ago, so I import them mostly from the US or check Ebay UK. Still, comparing to the production costs which developers make for their games which are about 8-10 times more than like 10 years ago we actually don't pay that much more for games these days. @SC, ehhh... none? *I can't think of any "large budget" 3rd party title that sold well on the WII, is it even released yet??* I'm talking about core games here, not the Guitar Hero or Raving Rabbids stuff. Beyond Good and Evil Casual? Are you kidding?!

I think you should read this

And you clearly do not understand where they are talking about. it's about production costs, haven't you seen the losses many game companys are making now? 

I think he and you are both spot on about developement costs, though I admit it was difficult discerning the point.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
If you love core / hardcore games like the GTA, Oblivion, Gears of Wars and stuff, the WII ain't really your thing. I'm saying this for a long time. IMO, the WII is officially a console for the younger, unexperienced gamers and gamers who like to play casual games. Developers are giving an answer about that. Ubisoft producing Raving Rabbids 3 and Baby crap game on the WII, while on the PS3 you have the Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil. I'm not saying the WII doesn't have core games or won't get them, but when they do, or they sell bad, or they're from Nintendo and sell great as the franchise is already known by the Nintendo public (Mario, Zelda). Therefore WII has become less favorite to me and is no longer my favorite console, Playstation 3 is, like the PS2 was over the GC, like PS was over my N64. I don't bother at all that there are casual games being produced. Good for the market, good to get more people into the gaming, but with only a few exceptions, it ain't really my style. I really do like the style of the WII and the idea from the beginning, concerning the console, with using controllers on a complete different way, but the way its turning out to be for... I like a lot less.

I honestly don't have a clue what happened to you in between being Wii_girl and Onna.
I respects everyone's opinion, but you have turned into one of the most extreme Wii haters (even though you own one) on VGChartz (and gamed as well).

Ubisoft is a single example, for an unbiased perspective you could also have pointed at EA (Boom Blox, Sim City), Tecmo (Fatal Frame, Rygar), Capcom (Z&W, RE, Okami, Monster Hunter 3), Namco (Tales, Fragile), Marvelous (Project O), Sega (MadWorld), High Voltage (Conduit, Animales de la Muerte) etc.

All core games! And especially for you as a JRPG lover I don't understand why you would hate the Wii so much. Shiren the Wanderer (8.75 Famitsu), Oboro Moramasa, Crystal Bearers, Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, Fragile, Project O, Monster Hunter. It's clear that Wii will have most Japanese support from now on. Rumours of Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia are pretty strong, Monolith will release a Wii RPG...

The younger unexperienced gamers story is blattant nonsense. If you want to finish Galaxy with 120 stars you have to be one hell of a gamer. Don't even get me started on Fire Emblem, which is the most hardcore game on any of the current gen systems.

And I didn't even mention the return of the lightgun games, or are those also casual all of a sudden?

So I don't care what your favorite system is, but please tell the whole story, not just one.

to the topic creator- now now play fair and share in the sandbox. There's room in this market for all sorts of gamers, genres, and games. No need to be greedy and selfish and exclude others just because you want only one thing.

BengaBenga said:
*~Onna76~* said:
If you love core / hardcore games like the GTA, Oblivion, Gears of Wars and stuff, the WII ain't really your thing. I'm saying this for a long time. IMO, the WII is officially a console for the younger, unexperienced gamers and gamers who like to play casual games. Developers are giving an answer about that. Ubisoft producing Raving Rabbids 3 and Baby crap game on the WII, while on the PS3 you have the Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil. I'm not saying the WII doesn't have core games or won't get them, but when they do, or they sell bad, or they're from Nintendo and sell great as the franchise is already known by the Nintendo public (Mario, Zelda). Therefore WII has become less favorite to me and is no longer my favorite console, Playstation 3 is, like the PS2 was over the GC, like PS was over my N64. I don't bother at all that there are casual games being produced. Good for the market, good to get more people into the gaming, but with only a few exceptions, it ain't really my style. I really do like the style of the WII and the idea from the beginning, concerning the console, with using controllers on a complete different way, but the way its turning out to be for... I like a lot less.

I honestly don't have a clue what happened to you in between being Wii_girl and Onna.
I respects everyone's opinion, but you have turned into one of the most extreme Wii haters (even though you own one) on VGChartz (and gamed as well).

Ubisoft is a single example, for an unbiased perspective you could also have pointed at EA (Boom Blox, Sim City), Tecmo (Fatal Frame, Rygar), Capcom (Z&W, RE, Okami, Monster Hunter 3), Namco (Tales, Fragile), Marvelous (Project O), Sega (MadWorld), High Voltage (Conduit, Animales de la Muerte) etc.

All core games! And especially for you as a JRPG lover I don't understand why you would hate the Wii so much. Shiren the Wanderer (8.75 Famitsu), Oboro Moramasa, Crystal Bearers, Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, Fragile, Project O, Monster Hunter. It's clear that Wii will have most Japanese support from now on. Rumours of Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia are pretty strong, Monolith will release a Wii RPG...

The younger unexperienced gamers story is blattant nonsense. If you want to finish Galaxy with 120 stars you have to be one hell of a gamer. Don't even get me started on Fire Emblem, which is the most hardcore game on any of the current gen systems.

And I didn't even mention the return of the lightgun games, or are those also casual all of a sudden?

So I don't care what your favorite system is, but please tell the whole story, not just one.

I totally agree with you

Alright I think this forum went a little off topic to what it originally ment. A lot of wii lovers (god forbid me say fan) came in and kinda put a defense wall up in here and twisted some wording around.

He may not like the wii, but that's not his focus. The focus is what wii is doing to the creation of games. The gaming industry is run by "Companies" Most if not all work for profit. Last generation had a perfect mix of games. Core have gotten what they wanted, companies profited. Casual gamers got what they wanted, companies profited just not as much.

Here is the problem now. The wii has brought in such a large amount of people into gaming by offering the same casual games with a new way to play them. Sound good right? Well not exactly.....Most of these people are Casual Gamers. So to cater to them...you give them casual games. Now there is an overabundance of casual players. Companies work for profit remember? This means the main focus of those companies are going to be shifted to casual games. They are going to make shit on a stick and sell it...and tons of it simply because of the overabundance of casual gamers....will buy it. Cheap and easy to make.....Why create a game thats gonna cost millions when you can create a game thats gonna cost thousands and sell just as well.

This leaves the core audience bare. "Hey why don't you play the wii?! It has some core games!!" Not really....I don't consider Zelda to be core....I have played No More Heroes, Fire Emblem, and a few other games considered to be core....They're not good...They our paltry compared to most games from last gen. I would much rather play some Jet Force Gemini on N64. Even these games on the wii that our considered core.....do not sell well.

Eventually because of this dilemna we might so major companies only producing shovelware. We can expect maybe 5 core games a year.....and they will all be considered games that don't sell well because a game like Carnival outsold it 10:1

Companies might abandon the core audience is the problem.....and honestly If I'am stuck playing games like Carnival or super mario galaxy.....then im gonna be forced to do something constructive  

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

OP: First, Great post history... Thanks for not making it to difficult to see where you are coming from.

Second, (OT) don't buy a Wii then.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
OP: First, Great post history... Thanks for not making it to difficult to see where you are coming from.

Second, (OT) don't buy a Wii then.

once again...its not the fact that he doesn't want to play a wii its that wii will dip into the other markets and possibly elimate core gaming as a whole.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

^Then, it's just a typical Frank Grimes style rant that's common in gaming forums these days?

"You're what's wrong with the gaming industry, Nintendo! You allow so much shovelware in your system, you do as little as possible. If this were any other generation, you'd go bankrupt long ago!"

Something like that... hehe.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Wii isn't killing HD gaming.

2 things hurt HD and PC Gaming, high entry costs and high development cost.

HD and PC gaming are far from dead, actually software sales seem to be breaking records.

His argument is invalidated by this and makes it seem like he is trying to flamebait, troll, or he is misguided.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I wish to hell that people would get past this casual nonsense. The typical Wii owner is not fricking casual. They wouldn't buy so many games. A lot of us are refugees who had given up or were fed up with the types of games available.

If by casual you mean anybody who has an actual life and can't afford to spend 40 hours shooting zombies or doesn't particularly like driving around Liberty City committing pointless acts of violence; that’s not a casual gamer, that's a normal person.

And you may deplore the influx of new and the retention of disenchanted gamers and the effect they are having on gaming but remember this; figures show that video gaming was on the decline and might have died and been replaced by flash games and cell phones. Nintendo isn't destroying gaming, Nintendo almost certainly saved it.