By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am truly annoyed at the wii

xenophon13 said:

So i have been hearing about how the wii is revolutionizing game play and that all things will go the way of the wii.

This makes me sad.  I personally don't like miis (they are creepy), i am sick of mario and I dont need to work out in front of the frickin tv (since I spend to much time in front of it anyway).

dont get me wrong,  If you love nintendo, then yay!  you have the most popular system...hurrah hurrah!

But don't make the MGS and the GTA and the Gears of War and the Oblivion and all the great games go away.  What if everyone jumps on the idea of copying the wii and all these games are gone because they are too expensive to produce and you can produce carnival games for a lot less and sell 10 million copies?!?  Is anyone else afraid of this?  Am I the only one?  I could care less if sony or MS or wii actually 'wins' the console war.  I do care about having the games i love to play available...and they certainly aren't wii striper pole dance or wii cheerleading or mario dating or carnival games.

Anyone else worried?  I guess there is always pc gaming if only nintendo and nintendo sycophants remain...

Maybe you should try wii fit.

Around the Network

I just generally think, a lot of the folks in this thread who proclaim to be "teh hardcorz gemez" and probably invested in the HD consoles, don't really believe in this whole crap about casual games taking over hardcore games, but really that the games they want to play, might just end up going on the wii, due to it being the most popular platform right now. Well i am here to ease your minds, it won't happen! not from the big publishers like ubisoft anyway. We will probably be seeing hardcore games on the wii coming from the little developers, like the folks making "Mad world" (tell me you don't want to play that game) and the "conduit", the funny thing is nintendo are also releasing fatal frame, and and Disaster Day of Crysis( DDOC being their new IP), and who knows what else.

Its quite pathetic how people complain that nintendo needs to release new ips (i think this is just another made up bullshit reason for some folks to use against nintendo), but they probably own more IP's than any other developer out there. There is only so much a small company (well compared to Sony and MS) like nintendo can do. At least every mario platform game has something fresh added to the gameplay to make it enjoyable.

To tell the truth i am a little disappointed that the really revolutionary control setup has not come about yet (in regards to traditional games) but i have every bit of faith it will. Playing lost winds showed me that some developers are getting it and actually using their creative freedom. there is also rumors flying around that monster hunter is looking gorgeous and playing amazingly. Nintendo are gonna role out these great games, but not on anybodys terms but their own. Truth is, this is disruption at its core and i think deep down inside every body knows it, just a lot of people fear it, so they will try to fight it.

As for me i embrace it. There is not may new IPs that have brought anything new to the table on the HD systems (actually i dont think there is anything), at least the Wii has that on its side weather you like it or not, Wii fit and Wii sports does exactly that.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Diomedes1976 said:
Mario,Zelda ,Metroid or Brawl are great games.No one is doubting that.

The fact is that being great games they arent much superior to the Game Cube counterparts.

The Wii hasnt evolved an inch core gaming ,in fact I would say that with 20 months in the market the Game Cube had LOTS more core games.

Despite what you might want to think, gaming isn't something as intricate as hobbies like wine tasting. If anything, a sequel does not have to meet your requirements to be considered to be good. Tell me, are the games fun? Are they enjoyable? If yes, then you don't really have a say in the matter especially when millions of others tend to disagree with your opinions.

If anything, you sound like those irate customers in restaurants that will never be pleased.

Assuming that just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone has to think the same way as you do. Whether those games are considered an improvement over their GCN counterparts is to be decided by the majority of consumers, not one selfish individual.

Also, I'm starting to get the impression that there is a conspiracy of gamers who's trying to redefine a "gamer" as a person who enjoys PS360 games mainly. It is as if those gamers are not permitted to own a Wii only. Tell me, why do I have to care about what gets released on the PS3 or X360? If it's not released for the Wii, I'll learn to live without them.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

finally, someone is else is worried about the shovelware.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

kylohk said:
Diomedes1976 said:

The fact is that being great games they arent much superior to the Game Cube counterparts.

The Wii hasnt evolved an inch core gaming ,in fact I would say that with 20 months in the market the Game Cube had LOTS more core games.

Despite what you might want to think, gaming isn't something as intricate as hobbies like wine tasting. If anything, a sequel does not have to meet your requirements to be considered to be good. Tell me, are the games fun? Are they enjoyable? If yes, then you don't really have a say in the matter especially when millions of others tend to disagree with your opinions.

If anything, you sound like those irate customers in restaurants that will never be pleased.

Assuming that just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone has to think the same way as you do. Whether those games are considered an improvement over their GCN counterparts is to be decided by the majority of consumers, not one selfish individual.

Also, I'm starting to get the impression that there is a conspiracy of gamers who's trying to redefine a "gamer" as a person who enjoys PS360 games mainly. It is as if those gamers are not permitted to own a Wii only. Tell me, why do I have to care about what gets released on the PS3 or X360? If it's not released for the Wii, I'll learn to live without them.

You see too much conspirations ,I fear.

As you have highlighted ,I said Mario ,Zelda and Metroid are great games.But they arent far removed from the Cube prequels in technical and playability issues.Basically you  do the same but with the Wiimote ,and see/hear the same ,but in 480p this time.A improvement so small it doesnt justify teh generation leap.That doesnt mean those games sell by the millions ....just as their Cube representants did.But with those games selling millions the Cube was a clear third out of three last generation.Its the Mario and Sonic ,Wii Fit ,Wii Academy and Wii Sports ,coupled with the great marketing and hype around the motion controls ,what it managing the Wii success.Those games are very ,very rudimentary in its technical side and in their playability.They may be selling by millions ,but are a step back in videogaming.There are tons of millions of people playing flash games for free as Luxor ,Zuma and Jewels Quest all around the world in their home computers or at work.Decent graphics (for a flash game thats it),instant addiction and accesibility ,cheap price (cheaper that nothing you dont get)......smash success.But we dont want these kind of games to take over do we?.Its just an example so you get the idea.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
kylohk said:
Diomedes1976 said:

You see too much conspirations ,I fear.

As you have highlighted ,I said Mario ,Zelda and Metroid are great games.But they arent far removed from the Cube prequels in technical and playability issues.Basically you  do the same but with the Wiimote ,and see/hear the same ,but in 480p this time.A improvement so small it doesnt justify teh generation leap.That doesnt mean those games sell by the millions ....just as their Cube representants did.But with those games selling millions the Cube was a clear third out of three last generation.Its the Mario and Sonic ,Wii Fit ,Wii Academy and Wii Sports ,coupled with the great marketing and hype around the motion controls ,what it managing the Wii success.Those games are very ,very rudimentary in its technical side and in their playability.They may be selling by millions ,but are a step back in videogaming.There are tons of millions of people playing flash games for free as Luxor ,Zuma and Jewels Quest all around the world in their home computers or at work.Decent graphics (for a flash game thats it),instant addiction and accesibility ,cheap price (cheaper that nothing you dont get)......smash success.But we dont want these kind of games to take over do we?.Its just an example so you get the idea.

Well, if the only path for generational improvements is by a massive leap forward in technology this industry is doomed ... Realistically, how muc of a techical improvement will be possible over what the PS3 or XBox 360 are already offering?

The fact of the matter is the industry starts to need to define improvement is some way beyond the number of polygons that are being displayed on the screen; and yes, attempting to produce a more intuitive user interface which enables far greater interactivity is one of the ways to measure progress.

If anything, core games will continue to sell, it's a matter of marketing and how the video game characters and gameplay be perceived by the public.

As for this graphics, I think it's suffering from diminishing marginal returns when it comes to impressing the crowd.

The graphic jump from the NES to SNES was considerably large, so is the jump to 3D from the SNES to the N64. GCN produced much more realistic graphics, but starting from this gen, the new graphics on the consoles didn't look that much more impressive compared to the previous transitions. In fact, if graphics are the only things to focus on, the consumers will find it harder and harder to make out the difference and wonder if anything's changed at all. Especially since it takes a very careful look to see how much detail a game has these days.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
xenophon13 said:
@sc94957 I have been playing mario for oh what is it now...20 years? is that possible? I remember getting my first nintendo system, and mario was great, but i am tired of mario.

Zelda still holds my interests, but no, no more playing as a little plumber anymore for me.

I am not saying my dollar is more valuable, but can i be sad that the types of games i enjoy might disapear?
And whats wrong with playing as the same character again? It's not like its the same game.

Because people want something different! Is there something wrong with new ips? I think most of his complaints stem from Nintendo not making a lot of new ips that appeal to the hardcore audience.

I also can't believe you critcized him for want some new characters in Nintendo games........

Of course not, but that doesn't make mario bad because it has the same character in the last 20 yrs.

Oh and btw there are alot of nintendo ips with new charcters. The existing games don't need anymore. 

I didn't say those games were bad at all. I enjoy Metroid, Mario, and to an extent Zelda.

I didn't ask for new characters in existing ips, but for new ips with new concepts, new worlds, etc. (Think Pikmin)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.